Ping Tourman...Paradox IP100

Anyone use this IP interface, any thoughts. I try to use Paradox panels whenever I can thought I have not tried there IP100 interface in any of our configurations with and was looking for some feedback. Is this unit cumbersome to enroll ..some of the litterature and bloggs indicate its problematic. Also, it look favourable till I call my central station and they tell me they do not have an appropriate receiver. Yes Paradox claims that they do! Would like to keep the monitoring within Ontario if I could.. any local dealers in Ontario using this IP100 unit and with which central?

Reply to
Pogo
Loading thread data ...

RHC: I have no experience with the IP module from Paradox, nor from any other supplier for that matter. I have heard it works as well as expected, but this is third hand information. I only use Uplink cellular myself, because my station refuse to allow the cheaper IP modules on their station (of which I understand this is one).

Sorry I cant be of more assistance

Reply to
tourman

Thanks, I have been chasing Security 24 for the last 4 days trying to get a clear answer. They have the I/P receivers on-line but are only testing them...not sure if they will embrace it or pass up on that segment of the business. Yes, at the moment I also use Uplink though it does not allow for panel/user updates which I have a need of. Again, thanks for your input!

RHC: I have no experience with the IP module from Paradox, nor from any other supplier for that matter. I have heard it works as well as expected, but this is third hand information. I only use Uplink cellular myself, because my station refuse to allow the cheaper IP modules on their station (of which I understand this is one).

Sorry I cant be of more assistance

Reply to
Pogo

RHC: Yes, Security 24 (Reliance/Protectron) are being very cautious about a lot of these new methods of alarm transmission. I have been told that the only IP module they will accept on the station costs about $1000, so is of little use to dealers. VoIP is another problematic situation, and rightly so.

Time and technology is moving on; however, I feel better about dealing with a station that is very cautious about letting things on the station unless they are very sure they work properly. Personally, I think that is the correct approach. Security services HAVE to work when they are called upon. It's not all about the money with the better companies.....

Reply to
tourman

I've yet to see any IP module that costs around $1000, sounds like someone is yanking your chain and doesn't want the business

Reply to
mleuck

RHC: Could be Mark, after all, this IS a big company with all the inherent corporate stupidity that goes along with every big company, no matter how good they may be otherwise. I'll try to find out the make and model of IP module they do allow on their station.

Reply to
tourman

They approve only the T-Link from DSC. I have always wondered due to there corporate structure if they are not closely associated with DSC. They (Sec24) just happens to sell DSC kits at very competitive price to there dealers but certainly do not offer any other product lines. I can certainly appreaciate the need for the study of new technology though the Paradox IP100 unit has been in the market for ~ 5years now, i would think it has proven itself. I have found several other stations in the area that have the appropriate receiver...I think I will get a loaner unit and perform tests under real/live conditions. I just find it perplexing that they would not move forward with this technology, if they have problems with the manufacturer they could voice there concerns..they have enough clout to get things actioned, I would even think Paradox would give them the receivers to get more exposure.

RHC: Could be Mark, after all, this IS a big company with all the inherent corporate stupidity that goes along with every big company, no matter how good they may be otherwise. I'll try to find out the make and model of IP module they do allow on their station.

Reply to
Pogo

More likely they stick with a product they know

So has T-Link, Honeywell has been doing IP almost 8

Define "real/live" conditions? IP either works or it doesn't

It's not perplexing at all, your central station decided they like the DSC product better, I like Honeywell, someone else likes DMP. It's too much of a pain supporting every available IP product out there especially when it's no better (or worse) than everyone else s product.

And companies who give product away don't stay in business very long

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.