phone line and communication alarm on dsc 832 system

I recently powered up the alarm system that was in the house I bought, and I keep getting a trouble alarm on the panel that shows comunication and phone line troubles. I am not going to have the alarm sys monitored right now. I have unplugged the phone line up to the circuit board, but does not help either,any help on how to take these trouble alarms off thanks

Reply to
gonzo2780
Loading thread data ...

Seems you have three options...

1 - Hook the panel back up to the phone network correctly so it "sees" dial tone properly. This will get rid of your dial tone trouble, but not the trouble indicating the panel has failed to deliver its automatic test signal to the station, so you are no further ahead. 2- Reprogram the panel for "local"mode. Contact the previous company who was monitoring it for assistance or find another local company who can assist you if the last company is not interested in assisting (sometimes the case unless you resign another long term monitoring contract; other companies will do it for a service charge) 3- Default the panel back to factory specifications and reprogram in local mode ( this will work only if the board has not been"locked" in firmware - if it is, your panel board is toast) 4..Buy a new board and reprogram....likely the cheapest route to go. This stuff is dirt cheap today for most makes...

With the new board will come the programming sheets necessary to do it yourself (yikes !!....I said those awful words....:))

RHC.

Reply to
tourman

How to Enter Installer Programming Installer Programming is used to program all communicator and panel options. LED Keypad / Fixed Message LCD Keypad Step 1 From any keypad enter [*][8][Installer Code]. . The 'Program' light will flash to indicate you are in programming . The 'Armed' light will turn on to indicate the panel is waiting for the 3 digit Section number to program Step 2 Enter the 3 digit Section number you want to program. . The Armed light will turn off . The Ready light will turn on to indicate the panel is ready for the information for the selected Section If the 3 digit section number entered is not valid or the module that pertains to the Section is not present the keypad will sound a 2 second beep or error tone. LCD Keypad Step 1 From any keypad enter [*][8][Installer Code]. The Keypad will display 'Enter Section' followed by three dashes. Step 2 Enter the 3 digit Section number you want to program. The keypad will now display information for the section entered.

If the Communicator Disable option is selected the panel will not attempt to call central station. Communicator Disable ........................................... Section [380], Option 1 When the TLM Enable option is selected, the panel will supervise the phone line and will indicate a trouble condition if the phone line is disconnected. TLM Enable/Disable ............................ Section [015], Option [7]

Reply to
Just Looking

js

Reply to
Buggs

I had the same thought... :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Me too... I especially like the part about "Not having the alarm monitored right now"... -------- Big Yawn--------

Reply to
Russell Brill

It looks like you broke it

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.