pet sensors

Could anyone tell me if pet sensors/PIRs work. I have been recommended Optex RX-40PT - RX40QZ. Or has anyone got any other suggestions.

Denise

Reply to
denise
Loading thread data ...

You might want to check out a page I have on pet motions which offers some basic advice.

formatting link
R.H.Campbell Home Security Metal Products Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
formatting link

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Pet immune sensors do work as long as you follow manufacturer specifications. I use the Optex RX-40PI on a regular basis with no problems. I don't believe the PT and QZ are available in the states. Where are you located? The PI is pet immune, the PT has pet tolerance and the QZ is ID programmable. Since they are not available here, I am not sure of their specs. They may be all the same simply using different verbage. All pet immunes will have problems when pets weigh in right at the maximum weight recommended on the motion, because there are other factors that will change that weight limit and there is a certain tolerance difference in most electronics anyways. For instance, you don't want to use a 40 lbs. sensor if your pet is 39 lbs. Multiple pets can cause problems as well, even if they are under the weight limit. Pets that go verticle (cats) may cause a problem and if you have a two story home, don't aim the detector at the stairway. Watch mounting heights as well as all the other no no's when using a motion, windows, heaters, air vents, etc. Under normal circumstances, with a small pet, the technology is stable.

Hope this answers some questions for you.

Bob W.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

I use the RX-40PT on a regular basis and I have only had one that was faulty a few years back. They are good quality detectors that work fine with cats / small dogs if they are installed as per the specifications set out by the manufacturer.

Reply to
Paul Ekins

The ultimate sensors are made by Intellesense, now a part of the ADI offerings. But the Optex work good too.

formatting link

Reply to
Holger

SNIP > The ultimate sensors are made by Intellesense,

I'm sorry to disagree, but I have worked on multiple government tenders both in the UK and Australia, and both governments have required Optex detectors be used. If Intellisense (formally C&K) are superior, why aren't they sprecified for high end jobs.

Reply to
Paul Ekins

I don't know which product is the better, but generally speaking even when a purchasing decision is made based solely on the merits of the product, which is rarely the case, governments are not necessarily known for making wise decisions when it comes to spending taxpayers money.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Just because a government agency requires a sensor does not mean it's the best

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.