Pet Peeve of the Week

Seems the new kid-sport at movie theaters is throwing gummy bears at the screen...pretty funny if you go up close to the screen...poor little gummys stuck to the screen.

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

A friend of mine from my old church in CT once asked me over to his apartment to help him with something. When I got there he handed me the programmable remote for his TV set and asked if I'd set it up for him. He could handle almost anything else by himself but that one stumped him.

BTW, this fellow was one of the most self-sufficient people I've ever known. He could play just about any instrument like a pro. He rode a bicycle from time to time -- on public streets! He also led a group of about 20 church youth and staff members on an overnight hike on the Appalachian Trail one time. We had some fun with the kids the morning of the hike. I drove over to Brad's apartment and picked him up in my 4Runner. When we arrived at the church the kids were all waiting in the back parking lot. I switched places with Brad, slinked down and operated the card from the right seat. Meanwhile Brad held his white cane out the driver's window, tapping the pavement as we slowly drove past the kids behind the church.

Heh, heh, heh... :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

New?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Gummys replaced Jujy Fruits, but same principle I guess :-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

We had a slightly different variation on that game. The movie house in the town where I grew up had a balcony which was only used for very popular movies like "Spartacus" and "Pollyanna". The rest of the time the ushers would try to keep us kids from using it though they were easily distracted.

Did you know that Cracker Jacks coated with mustard can be successfully propelled a fair distance from that height with the aid of an improvised slingshot? They would not reach the screen. They would travel about 30 feet in front of the balcony and find their mark on someone's head. This of course occasionally resulted in heated discussions between victims and those seated behind them, neither of whom had any idea who actually fired the missile. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Reply to
Everywhere Man

I used to know someone who claimed he would sit in the balcony of a p*rn theater, dispensing his "wit" on the patrons below from a squirt-gun loaded with hand lotion. Whether he actually did this or not, I can't say, but it's an amusing, if somewhat twisted, anecdote.

Reply to
Matt Ion

When I was young enough to make mischief in a theater I was too young to visit a p*rn theater. At this point in life I've no interest in either. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.