PC Monitoring

There used to be a card around that you just plugged into your average PC and it worked like a full on receiver and mini management center. If I recall it was very modestly priced, but was limited by number of accounts and only would accept CID. Anybody know who's product that was and if they are still around?

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

You are probably remembering MC Development

formatting link

Reply to
SRyckman

Looks like it...

formatting link

Reply to
G. Morgan

But what would I know? It's not like I'm a security professional and have ever seen or operated one. Oh, wait...

Here is a question I had when I started to learn the Alarmsoft software. I had always been a field tech for the 10 years before this post, not some recluse in a CS all day . In case you want to mock me like the replier did.

The reply was from Mike Simpson, circa 2002. Who's currently M.IA. (If he is found, please return him). That's the only reply I got, I didn't get an email from all these lurking *regulars* popping up all of a sudden.

formatting link
He's still a *regular* though! Make no mistake. I heard he was lurking and replying by email to help everyone he can, good enough for me.

But I can't see why this post he replied to, coupled with 1000's of others by myself could possibly prove I'm in the trade. That's just preposterous! Posting thousands of on-topic messages proves nothing. Nothing!

It's best to get a $16 D.B.A. and free BBB listing to prove you're in the trade.

It's better than buying a membership to prove your mettle, (beginning at $500) from an agency that cares so much for small dealers.

• (the OP, me) was using XNA at the time. The original can't be found, or is no longer available anywhere (even on Howard Knight's site).
Reply to
G. Morgan

Thanks, I found the Alarmsoft page, and a couple others that seem to sell the exact same product.

I don't recall that thread, but I don't care much for the associations. I'm not sure really how it benefits the small dealers to be a member. By taking my time and shopping insurance I get better coverage (in my opinion - and I'm not going to be dragged into debate about it) at a better rate than the association affiliated carriers offer. I don't get any discounts on product. The interests of larger players in the market are represented over the smaller players, and I get the privilege of paying them to do that.

I do have a DBA. In fact a couple of them registered with the state. One is the same one on my licenses. The BBB sucks. I had one negative in 17 years as a contractor, but because I won't pay them off I get a B rating. A business I was ripped off by in LA who has hundreds of complaints, was able to get them all listed as resolved even though they were not, and I and several others provided proof (and even filed criminal fraud complaints against) goes from F to A+ in a couple months.

Anyway, somebody told me Suregard was working on a receiver card at one point, and I found one from Napco also. Not their IP reporting software but an actual receiver card. They also appear to offer it in a preconfigured PC as well as a card you can throw in your own PC.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I would never trust a company who has a web page designed by a 12 year old, jeez I thought I warped back to the mid 90's for a second

Reply to
mleuck

You should try it sometime, you often learn far more about the industry and equipment than being out in the field

Reply to
mleuck

SurGard has had a PC receiver card for some time now, I'd much rather have a dedicated receiver tho.

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.