Paying customer wakes up to CF alarm every morning

I am paying for the service plan so even if

the service plan DOES not cover anything YOU do to the system: remodeling, cutting wires, changing phone lines

(although I have "asked" for a

why would you "ask" for a credit?? if it's the fault of brinks, okay, that makes sense, but if YOU did it, why should brinks pay for YOUR mistake??

I just want that frickin beeping to stop :) Also, I want to

the move program will give you a free basic system, plus $350 credit

I knew VOIP had the potential

Reply to
bdebj2
Loading thread data ...

although you vonage, it's a brinks issue now. brinks has a "work around" for vonage ....read my first post to shut the thing up, then call brinks

Reply to
bdebj2

If you want your alarm to work properly, I'd suggest keeping a POTS line for alarm transmissions, local, and 911 calls... Or, have Brinks install a cellular unit on your system & dump the phone line... Remember, VOIP is NOT phone service, it never will be as reliable as FCC & PUC regulated telephone service... That's why it's soooooooo cheap, there's no standards that have to be met by the VOIP providers........ Soap box mode off....... Good luck, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

Fax communications transmit in FSK. To make it simple, that format uses what you know as a modem sound. Your alarm panel uses DTMF (Touch Tone) beeps. There are panels that will communicate over Vonage's VoIP, but Brinks isn't one of them.

Reply to
Jackcsg

Here's Vonage's official stance on monitored alarms:

Home Wiring Installation is not currently available with monitored alarm systems.

Home Wiring Installation is not currently available with monitored alarm systems.

We're sorry but the Vonage Professional Home Wiring Installation program is not currently available to customers with Monitored Alarm Systems. It's important to note that while Vonage can work with a home alarm system, we do not recommend it. If for any reason you lose your Internet connectivity - due to a power outage or problem with your Internet service provider, for example - Vonage will not work, and your alarm system will not be able to make an emergency call if it's triggered. For this reason we recommend you keep a basic traditional landline dedicated to your home alarm system and use Vonage for the rest of your calling needs.

begin 666 inviso.gif M1TE&.#EA! `$`)$``````/_______P```"'Y! $```(`+ `````$``0```($ &E(\\I!0`[ ` end

Reply to
Russell Brill

first off...sorry if i sounded bitter, or as if i were pointing blame...every day i see people wanting free stuff "because i've been paying my bill on time" when you pay your electric or water bill "on time", you don't get free power or free water.....people don't seem to understand this.... i was ASSUMING that you wanted a credit because you have vonage and now your system does not work...if brinks has been out there several times and cannot fix it yet, then yes you deserve a credit and SHOULD NOT be charged for the new board....

now, i'm willing to bet the "adapter" they used was either a dsl adapter or the adapter to get line seizure...neither will help with voip

yes, you already have an uploaded board, but here are a few suggestions:

1..the phones are now being fed from inside of the house instead of from the block outside...if you know what you're doing (sounds like you do), go to the block and COMPLETLY dissconnect the line coming into your house

2.. call vonage tech support, tell them to change the voice quality to high, and the packet size to ten....once that's done, reset your modem, and try to send test

3..try plugging a phone into the rj phone jack in the panel make sure there is a dial tone...if not, call brinks back to have them re-run the phone line, if there is, try making a call.,. if it goes thru, call brinks and have them bring you a new board...something with vonage may have been changed since your board was installed

the problem with vonage, is, honestly, they don't care....when asked by brinks to sit down and figure out what to do, they said quote "our stuff works, you figure it out".....

Reply to
bdebj2

Where'd you find that, I'd like to bookmark it.

tnx

r.

| >

| >

| >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

As you read through this thread, the orginal poster is using a Brinks panel, which isn't communicating. Brinks uses SIA format. So it must be as unstable over VOIP as panels using other formats.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Thank you bdebj2, I will give this a go.

Reply to
brettjbyers

I do not need to press Panic twice to active. I simply press the Fire or Police button once, or I can press the remote Panic Button (they call it a Pendant, its not a keychain) once and that will trigger as well.

Reply to
brettjbyers

You know, all this talk over how he can do this, or the company should do that, or we did it this way, and they should be doing it that way, if they don't dio this - you should do that....and on and on and on.

What you should be telling the guy is that he got an alarm that requires by contract a POTS line! Not VOIP, cell, or some magic radio waves from mars. It says POTS! The company owes this guy nothing or should be expected to do anything to solve his problem because "he" created the problem, not them! Why are you telling the guy to call the company asking for this and that instead of telling him to get phone service as called for in the contract he signed!

Gas is over $3 a gallon. If I sold him gas for $1.50 a gallon that's part gas, part pee, and part ground pig ears, and it causes engine problems are you going to tell the car maker that they have to modify their engine to work on that non standard gas? Get with it, who changed phone service?

Stop trying to find fault with every major company, Brinks owe this guy nothing cause they didn't do nothing wrong, he's the cheap bastard and is getting what he deserves! Stop expecting them to fix your cheap phoney phone service !!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Jen...tel

I know it is used in Florida. Why, out of curiosity, would they not standardize since everything else with them is. Their old stuff was 4/2 but everything else here, over the last few years, has been SIA. Doesn't matter, just curios.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

brinks does not use SIA format everywhere.....it's only used in a few areas in the country it's mostly used in canada..with him being up north, he MAY be using one.... this is for the original poster.......to activate the panic buttons, are you required to push them twice??....if so, you have a SIA panel

down in the houston area, we don't use SIA, we've never had one NOT work after changing the board out...

Reply to
bdebj2

What? Can you post the nomenclature? A cell phone is a working telephone. You sure it didn't say telephone line or telephone service? I think the biache is applesolutley right-on here myself.

Reply to
mikey

It sounds as if the panel hasn't been defaulted for VoIP and is still attempting an upload. Have Brinks default the panel for VoIP from a land line at their office, and remind them not to default the panel after that has been done. Make sure their is no DSL Filter on the RJ as many installers make the mistake of using those for VoIP. If they have already done so and you're still experiencing a communication failure then it's possible that the modem's baud rate is greater than what Brinks can handle.

Reply to
no wires showing

Reply to
alarman

If I had read further in the thread I'd have seen you answered the question and I could have spent the time I wasted with my reply posting something obnoxious. Warn me next time :-)

Reply to
no wires showing

All fifteen stopped to pick up a license before beginning to work in Florida, right?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

it was not used in florida last year....the week after charlie hit, brinks flew 15 techs in from around the country...yes, i was one of them....unless things have changed (with brinks, it ALWAYS does) they should not be using sia...the panel comes defaulted as sia, but but is changed at installation

Reply to
bdebj2

though, i do agree with you a far as who changed what, there is NOTHING in the contract that states what kind of phone line the customer must provide...only that there MUST be a working telephone

Reply to
bdebj2

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.