Paragon Plus - mains spike

I have a Paragon Plus, recently during a thunder storm a large spike occured on the incoming mains supply.

As one result the alarm box froze and would not respond. In an atempt to fix this I disconnected the mains supply to the unit.

The unit now response to key presses but the tamper alarm has been triggered. I have read the installation manual and it say to short the mains fail disable pins with the provided jumper. I do not have this jumper!

Anybody know what this jumper is? I assume it is a resistor, but what value and what is the procedure?

All help welcome, Phil.

Reply to
phillip.mackey
Loading thread data ...

You need a special jumper to clear a tamper? Get a new box and keypad, especially with lighting involved... maybe replace any switches you can get at easily. Otherwise I bet you have headaches down the road, your electronics have been abused, dude.

Reply to
mikey

I was hoping to avoid that expense. The panel and PIRs appear to be functioning OK.

I was going to try a reset first and see where that takes me.

Any Idea as to what the jumper is and what the procedure is?

Reply to
phillip.mackey

A jumper to me usually means a short but if they provided you with one, maybe it's a diode or a resistor, I can't advise, never heard of the panel.

Reply to
mikey

The jumper is a dead short.

Shorting the mains fail pins will allow the panel to be set when the mains fails (running on battery only).

There is no point in shorting these if the problem is a tamper fault.

You need to locate the tamper fault. This could be either the main control unit lid tamper switch, The global tamper circuit or the Siren tamper circuit. There is also the possibility that the fault is on the circuit board but this is the least likely and the last thing to try.

Firstly remove the connections to the global tamper circuit on the pcb and short out with a short length of wire.( T T ) Hold lid tamper switch closed and try to set system if tamper fault gone then the fault is somewhere on this circuit.

If fault still there short out Siren tamper connections ( B- BT ) and try again (this is the most likely offender).

Reply to
BIG NIGE

My previous reply is making the assumption that your code number still works.

If it does not then try 1234, If this does work then this means that the panel programming has been defaulted and the system will need to be re-programmed.from scratch.

Reply to
BIG NIGE

From previous experience I can tell you that the Paragon panels don't like spikes in the power and normally if the panel goes to this state, and if the keypad isn't accepting your code or 1234, you need to replace it.

Reply to
Paul Ekins

Morning Paul, The Skies were a bit lively around you Wednesday night werent they.

Phillip As Paul says if neither of the codes work then it is probably new panel time, BUT Try your old code and 1234 each twice before reaching that decision, if the panel tries to set (exit timer starts) then the chances are that the panel is OK.

Please reply with the results and we will give any further help that we can

Reply to
BIG NIGE

Don't remind me, I'm still trying to rectify a direct hit on an access control system. I think it has gone through the rs485 and blown the comms on every controller. Going to be a costly experience for the client as there are 11 door controllers on the system. Hope they are insured!!!! as I don't think they will get away with warranty exchange!!!!!

Reply to
Paul Ekins

Could you please exchange this box of charcoal for new control units please - no I dont think so

Reply to
BIG NIGE

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.