Paragon Plus

I have just moved into a new house. It has a paragon Plus alarm panel fitted which i only know the limited user code for. I need to re- programme the alarm to allow me to leave the dogs in the lounge or kitchen over night.

I have read that the panel has no NVM (i take this to mean non volatile memory) and should retun to default codes if i cut the power to the unit.

Do i have to cut the mains and disconnect the battery? Hopefully it will only be the mains but if it is both where will the battery be located? Will it be in the box on the outside of the house?

Also can anyone tell me where i can get the installers manual and also what the default engineers code is? I know the default for the master and limited codes as they are both in the users mamual wich i have.

TIA

Chris

Reply to
Chris
Loading thread data ...

The panel DOES have an NVM.

More info to follow

Reply to
BIG NIGE

Just out of Interest What Town/City are you located in.

Reply to
BIG NIGE

"BIG NIGE" wrote in news:GFnqe.18046$% snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net:

In wilmslow, Cheshire

I take it this is a mainly UK group.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

This is a Worldwide Group uk.tech.electronic-security is a uk group but you are best to post to BOTH groups.

I Just needed to check whether you were one of our customers before we started scrambling your programming.

If you are in Wilmslow as you say then you are not.

You say that you know the limited user code but not the master code or the engineers code I will assume that it is 5678 that you are using because the original installer dropped a clanger and didnt change it. as you are aware the original master code was 1234.

Reply to
BIG NIGE

Reply to
BIG NIGE

The default engineers code is 9999

to enter engineers mode you press

The DOUBLE ^ button, then 0, then 9999

If this is the current engineers code then the fault light should start to flash

Reply to
BIG NIGE

The limted user code i have is not the default 5678. I really think i need the installers manual and the method to default the system, If nto can you recommend anyone local to me who can come out and sort it for me?

Preferably for the price of a few pints!! :-)

Reply to
Chris

"BIG NIGE" wrote in news:08oqe.19400$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net:

I'm not at the house now so i cant try it. Is it possible for me to get the method to default and then reprogramme it? I'm going on holiday on sunday morning so would like to do this tonight if possible!!

Reply to
Chris

Try the default engineers code anyway. try it NOW if you canit wont cause you any problems if it is wrong.

Make sure that when I say DOUBLE ^ you do press that one and not either of the the SINGLE ^ buttons as they have a different use.

Reply to
BIG NIGE

"BIG NIGE" wrote in news:Wkoqe.19493$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net:

see my other post. i'm not there now and i'm going on holiday on sunday morning! i guess i'll just have to try and sort it out when i get back!

Reply to
Chris

I dont have a PDF of the manual (which includes instructions on how to default the programming

I want to avoid defaulting the programming if possible atm so that we can check on the programming already installed.

To default the codes you have to default ALL programming.

Has the Back page of your engineers manual been filled in with the zones, how they are programmed and the timers etc

Reply to
BIG NIGE

"BIG NIGE" wrote in news:Xpoqe.19529$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net:

The back page is filled in with the zones and 2 different arming options (1 all sensors, 1 downstairs only) I didnt notice anything about timers though.

I'm going to bed in the next few minutes. is there any way i can contact you direct when i get back from holiday next week to try and get this sorted?

I would really appreciate your help.

p.s. i am actually in handforth (next to wilmslow) if it makes any difference to me being one of your customers!

Reply to
Chris

To Default ALL the Programming I will assume that you have located the main control unit and are not working from a remote keypad

Remove mains power (assuming that the battery in the panel is ok then the outside siren should NOT sound)

Loose small pozi screw at top of main control unit (do not remove fully only unscrew enough to allow top of front to swing forward ) you may need to get your fingernails in as they can be a bit tight. AS you swing it forward it will become unattatched at the bottom (BE CAREFUL THAT THE BATTERY DOES NOT FALL OUT AS YOU DO THIS) It should be held in place with a strap but they often are not.

Disconnect the battery from the connectors (at this point the External SIREN should sound)

Hold in buttons 1 & 4 and re-connect battery &/OR mains you should now have default codes AND programming

Reply to
BIG NIGE

"BIG NIGE" wrote in news:VCoqe.10049$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net:

Ok i'll give it a try but how do i then re-programme the different PIR's to make the entry/exit zones, immediate activation etc. Or what is the default programme set to?

If you could scan the manual or something i will give you an e-mail address to send it to.

Thanks again

Chris

Reply to
Chris

If you can post an e-Mail Address I will scan and send but it will not be tonight

Be Careful not to post your exact e-mail address alter it and give me instructions on how to correct it

Default programming is ALL PROGRAMS

Zone 1 = Entry/Exit (starts entry timer)

Zone 2 =Access ( switches off whilst entry timer is running to allow you to get to the keypad)

Zones 3,4,5,6 are ALL Immediate

Entry/Exit time is 30 Seconds Siren time is 20 minutes before re-set & re-arm.

Reply to
BIG NIGE

If you check the Pyronix website

formatting link
you can download Paragon Plus USER manual. To get the INSTALLER manual you have to have login priviliges. I don't believe these are given to home users. I can get you an installer manual, although this will not be until Monday.

My tip would be to wait until you get the manual, then read-off and write down the current settings before attempting to reset the panel totally. If all else fails then you have a record of how the panel was originally setup.

Reply to
Roger

"Roger" wrote in news:uLxqe.4810$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe5-win.ntli.net:

OK thanks for the advice. A copy of the installers manual would be great. My e-mail address is chris snipped-for-privacy@spankmetiscali.co.uk. Please dont spank me if you wnt to reply!

Reply to
Chris

Nope, mostly them unfunny amuricans but we canadians keep things lively... the brits take this stuff waaaaaay too seriously. We also have our share of nutbars... fun place. Where are you, Chris?

Reply to
mikey

U GOT MAIL

Reply to
BIG NIGE

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.