Paradox SPC 1738 EX

Yes, unlike older Paradox lines, with the Spectra and Digiplex panels, you can access the master code via the installer code. Provided you know the installer code, press "enter" plus the installer code, then go into section

301, and type in your new master code, which will overwrite the old one.

To default, provided the board is not locked, power down, put on reset jumper, power up with AC, wait a good 20 or 30 seconds, remove the jumper and you are back to factory....000000 is the default installer code. If locked, nothing happens at all (note you do NOT lose all settings except the installer code like the DSC panels, so there is no danger in trying to default)

You will find it's much easier to do everything with these lines of panels if you hook up and use the full LCD keypad

Hope that helps

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell
Loading thread data ...

The odd thing is like DSC with the Spectra I find it easier to do programming with an LED keypad instead of an LCD, the LCD slows me down for some reason

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Does anyone have the installer manual for this? I checked tech-man.com and he doesn't have it. I remember another site that might have it, but for the life of me, I can't remember the site. It was something like alarmmanuals.com but google turned up empty.

A customer supposedly deleted the master code. Can the code be defaulted thru installer programming? Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Reply to
No Name

No, if the board is locked NOTHING is defaulted......absolutely nothing happens (but unlike DSC, you also don't lose any of the programming). If the board is not locked, everything goes back to factory. It's all or nothing !

There is no way of really knowing at first glance if the default has been successful except usually all the zone lights come on on the keypad. Plus it then responds to your attempts to access programming mode using the factory default programming code of 000000. And since virtually no one uses 6 digit codes, the simple fact that you have to use 6 digits to enter programming mode tells you that it has been defaulted.

If you need the sheets, I can download them off the site and e mail them to you...I have an access code to the site. If you want hard copy, I can snail mail them to you as well.

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Thanks, that's more than I knew before. Let me get this straight. If locked, only the installer code is defaulted, otherwise everything is defaulted. Is there anyway of telling if the panel is locked (clicking of realy on DSC panels)? If I recall, there was only an LED keypad and no programming sheets on site. Also a 4 hours drive one way.

Thanks

Reply to
No Name

It's the "Canadian" spelling.

Reply to
Frank Olson

I think I got it now. I sent you an email so you have an email addy to send those sheets. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Reply to
No Name

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.