Panel grounding

And, of course, one can always have the best of both worlds by providing exemplary service AND have long term contracts.

I've lost a few in the last year. If they can't or don't want to afford it any longer, that's ok with me. I wouldn't hold anyone to a contract for that kind of reason. Most of the time I'll get a call saying they want to stop the monitoring for one reason or another or because they're not using it and I always tell them to consider the fact that they will no longer have a panic or fire alarm notification to authorities either. I also ask them to check with their homeowers insurance first to see how much their payments are going to increase when they get notified of cancelation of their alarm monitoring. Most of the time it's just about an even wash, so they keep the monitoring service.

I've got a few right now that I'm monitoring free of charge for various hardship issues. One's teenage daugher has cancer, spending thousands on treatments. Another, the husband has cancer and has been out of work for months. Elderly couple, wife dying of Lou Gherigs. Couple of elderly people who just can't afford it anymore.

Whadda ya gonna do? Cut them off?

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

Wellllll .....ok. But you know the sentiment is still there.

Sorry to hear that. Early stage is good, however. Lots of new treatment methods being used with excellent results. Get lots of opinions for all the options and keep copies of all ..... and I mean ALL your tests and reports. I'm just giving you advice that my wife gives all of her breast cancer patients. Chances are in your favor.

Reply to
Jim

RHC: Thanks....I caught it purely by chance, and at it's earliest stages. The team of doctors at the Ottawa Cancer Centre are super, and the whole team have given me all the options, one of which is do nothing and "wait and watch". Its called a 25 year killer, which would put me at 90 years of age...(about 15 years before I plant to retire...:)). All test scores are very low, but after I return from Florida, I do plan to start some sort of treatment in April. Surprisingly, knowing I have it has only been an irritant, rather than a scare, because it might slow me down slightly during treatment (about two months). At the moment, I have no doubt I'll beat it.....nor would I ever think otherwise...

I guess this is where I start to feel I get something for the huge amount of taxes I pay the government every year. You can't have "free" health care and not pay the piper (just like in our business...)

Reply to
tourman

Tell that to the fools down here, they are discussing it right now

Reply to
mleuck

tourman wrote in news:b60ba1ad-7aaf-40e6-bc5a- snipped-for-privacy@p23g2000vbl.googlegroups.com:

Hate to hear that Bob. I am glad that you caught it early.

Reply to
motley me

RHC: Thanks....I'm reminded of that old saying.." you don't always get what you deserve; you just get what you get...". I take part every year in a motorcycle Ride for Dad to raise money for prostate cancer research. This has been a real eye opener. I've learned that 2 out of every 7 men will get prostate cancer sometime in their lifetime. However, death usually comes primarily because men (being men) refuse to get checked out for this disease, so by the time it's finally discovered, it has spread elsewhere, and can't be treated. A quick PSA blood test every year is a simple, effective first sign indicator of the disease. Then an ultrasound can check further, followed by a biopsy if there is any question. Speaking from experience, none of these things are very onerous.

If you're over 50, and have a history of prostate cancer anywhere within your family chain, get checked out. I did, and it may have saved my life

(rant mode "off")

Reply to
tourman

I'll be 40 soon and I think I have some prostate issues. Every time I see a commercial for the meds. I'm like "yup, I get up and pee a lot", and all the other items on the checklist match too.

But I do that for all the commercials I see, I may be a hypochondriac. I wonder if there is a pill for that?

Reply to
G. Morgan

RHC: What you are describing may be a simple case of enlarged prostate, a normal condition with age. This can easily be treated by your doctor with prescription medications like Flomax or Proscar. This doesn't mean you have prostate cancer; it just means your are getting older. These drugs will shrink the prostate allowing you a decent night's sleep without your haveing to get up to go to the can every couple of hours. However, while you're seeing your doc, make sure he does a simple PSA blood test for prostate cancer.

Catch it early and it can be cured fairly easily. Catch it late and you die.....almost guaranteed !

It's also much more of a dangerous disease in younger men (under 50) for some reason (maybe because you still have more years left under your belt....). However, they also say, just about every man dies with it; you just want to make sure you don't die because of it...

Reply to
tourman

Well, thanks for the info. Next time I go in for a exam I will ask for that "PSA" test.

In the meantime, you focus on getting those nasty C-cells out and stay healthy. I'm glad you caught it in time.

Reply to
G. Morgan

i did the blood test and they said positive. I waited 60 days and did the same test, same lab, same doctor, this time they said negative.. One year later the same test, same doctor, same lab, same negative results.

I'd suggest like tourman, have the test, but take with a grain of salt the results.. RTS

RHC: What you are describing may be a simple case of enlarged prostate, a normal condition with age. This can easily be treated by your doctor with prescription medications like Flomax or Proscar. This doesn't mean you have prostate cancer; it just means your are getting older. These drugs will shrink the prostate allowing you a decent night's sleep without your haveing to get up to go to the can every couple of hours. However, while you're seeing your doc, make sure he does a simple PSA blood test for prostate cancer.

Catch it early and it can be cured fairly easily. Catch it late and you die.....almost guaranteed !

It's also much more of a dangerous disease in younger men (under 50) for some reason (maybe because you still have more years left under your belt....). However, they also say, just about every man dies with it; you just want to make sure you don't die because of it...

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

Me thinks you sometimes share too much information about yourself...

Reply to
mleuck

Will do. I wonder why you got a false-positive? I don't like unreliable tests.

mleuck doesn't think we should be talking about this matter. I disagree. Changed to topic again.

Reply to
G. Morgan

lab tech not the doctor suggested the false positive can be caused by diet or food intake.. causing body chems to change.. RTS

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

RHC: The PSA test is not a 100% reliable test. Sometimes one can have a high PSA and not have prostate cancer. However, in MOST cases, for MOST people, a higher than normal PSA reading is something that should tell them to go get further checked out. My PSA was always low, because the Proscar I was taking for enlarged prostate artificially lowers the reading, yet further tests caught the cancer. It's a nothing test really, and the doctor can guide you from there, taking into consideration your age and your family history. Without it you simply know nothing; with it, you know a little more, which can then indicate if further followup is necessary. All these tests are simply indicators of things. The final test - the biopsy - is the only sure indicator. But why the hell wait....

One of the things I learned about this disease over the years in running in the Ride for Dad national prostate cancer motorcycle run, is that ignorance is the biggest killer of all. If all men got checked out once a year, thousands and thousands of deaths could be prevented. But men for some reason, just don't run off to the doctor on a whim. So they don't catch it until it spreads to other organs where it can't as easily be treated. Left too long, it can enter the lymphatic system and be pumped all over the body.....

At that point, you can bend over and kiss your ass goodbye

Reply to
tourman

Did you ever see him in a spandex pant ,showing up all his manhood stuff?? that would be way too much info..

wait!!! did anyone here did that once?

Reply to
Petem

ssion

I see English is still a problem for you

Reply to
mleuck

Actually, I think Mark's picture would make a great incentive to service techs that get too many tickets. You could tell them the new uniform goes with the new vehicle they'll be driving for service if they get one more ticket. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

And apparently give you and Petem something to drool over

Reply to
mleuck

de

I don't think it would be wise for just anyone to make that policy.

If it turned out that they all intentionally got tickets, one could conclude that the alarm company must be doing business in the Village section of Manhattan or in San Francisco.

Reply to
Jim

Youza!!!! ;-)

Hope you have a great Christmas, Mark!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.