Out of Country - Central Station

Question mostly applies to Canadian Security Dealers.

I have always been under the understanding that Central Station monitoring must be delivered within the country. I have taken over an account that has several of there panels dialling into a US Central station!

I remember several years ago a multi-national firm was offering deals but the monitoring was remote into the US, they are no longer around and rumor/trade talk was that US Centrals were a no-no. Any feedback from anyone involved with this scenario. I don't know if the Canasa org. has any guidlines regarding this, I am looking for legislation or other supporting evidence. If I extrapolate, what is stopping dealers from sending monitoring services to India/Paskistan I am looking to get the client to have signal re-directed to a Canadian central but am looking to back it up with facts if I can!

P.S. Maybe it has to do with Central Command centers meeting ULC/CSA standards, if so whay can't a US Central Station be ULC rated?

Pogo

Reply to
Pogo
Loading thread data ...

"Pogo" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion : gcednVamPZ_pKzjUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@storm.ca...

If everything goes ok, you dont need to worry.

But let say the goof up and the central is in another country...

Not the same laws, not the same insurance system... what will be there reliabilty??

i would not mess with an out of country central..

Reply to
Petem

Ditto!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

so Alarm Farce US accounts are monitored in Canada? Bad, eh?

Reply to
KingFish

"KingFish" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion : ORxpl.8794$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews3.bellsouth.net...

Double bad!!

first its bad because of the name of the company, 2nd cause the US onsumer are not served by a US central..

on the canadian side its only one bad.. but for alarm farce its a major bad..

Reply to
Petem

I heard they just plug the unit into a phone jack, no line seizure. Is that true? Anybody seen an install?

Reply to
KingFish

RHC: Yes, they plug their "squawk box" junk into a phone jack. The whole service is as close to a scam as one can get without actually being one. Totally wireless, old Linear junk, no line exclusion...leased system totally overpriced for what little you get. Lemme be brief.....it's about the worst security purchase anyone can make. They sell the sizzle not the steak (so to speak) and their customers are so well sold on this stupid "two way voice" concept that they cant see that what they are getting goes against the most basic of electronic security design principles.

They make even ADT and Brinks look good.....

Lack of a US based central station is the LEAST of the problems with this service

Reply to
tourman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.