OT: SCOTUS overturns DC gun ban

formatting link
To all you hopelessly confused, liberal weenies: YOU LOSE!

B-Bye

Reply to
alarman
Loading thread data ...

I spent a couple hours reading opinions on this today, and I just don't think it will have any real world affect. Atleast not without a ton of additional work. A lot more than just this.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Given the shortage of Liberal Weenies on this newsgroup, I will have to take the lead here and speak up for the other two who are apparently just lurkers. We on the left heartily applaud the SCOTUS decision. The DC statute is a clear violation of the rights of all NRA members and their children to keep and bear (or should it be "bare" since they no longer have to hide them?) arms. Far be it from us LW's to challenge the unalienable rights of gun owners, especially those who voted for the COC.

We offer the NRA, the COC and the IB our heartfelt congratulations for this grand victory. Hip, hip, etc.

Reply to
news.giganews.com

news.giganews.com wrote: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Please fix your "From" line

You speak for everybody on the left?

Reply to
G. Morgan

The High Court has affirmed the individual's right to bear arms, independent of a state militia. This is huge. But you are right; there is a lot to be done.

Reply to
alarman

Ask Tom his views on this. He has been bareing arms, by wearing tank tops, for years from what I hear.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

I'm surprised he hasn't already chastised you for the above. Besides, Tom only wears tank tops on the coldest day of the year. During the summer he wears a thong.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I think Tom recognizes my positive virtues, which far out weigh a misspelled word, when it usually is a case of typing one thought while thinking about three others at the same time.

So you are the one spreading the rumors.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

I just read an article today that brought out the point that all of the most recent "mass shootings" in the US, (at least) since Columbine, have been in so called "gun free zones" And I'd guess that in the rest of the world, if even a only a bit of history is true, they've mostly occured where the people have been disarmed.

And Brady and the UN wants to disarm the people.

They just don't get it.

Reply to
Jim

You take yourself way too seriously.

I suspect that accounts for much of what you say.

What rumors?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Yep, I am a serious type of guy.

I think you are the only one in the NG that has ever had an issue with my posts, other than a few jabs of humor here in there.

Well, Tom has admitted to wearing tank tops, so the thong thing is either a rumor or your personal knowledge. Which is it?

Reply to
Bob Worthy

I started the thread about tank tops years before you blundered into ASA after one of my friends at ADI up in CT mentioned to me how Tom showed up wearing one on the coldest day of the year. It's been kind of a joke here ever since. Tom admitted it because it was true. He probably would have laughed if he knew that I used to go around in a T-shirt all winter, too.

As to the thongs, you'll have to ask Tom. Maybe it's true or maybe it was just a joke.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Heh, heh, heh... :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.