OT :Radio Shack

I have a friend that bought one just because it wanted to see how it worked. He gave it to me to try since he had nothing to try it on. To be perfectly honest................................... It has got to be the most worthless piece of engineering ever made. I gave it back with those words ringing in his ears. My guess is that it is either still in the box or a landfill at this point. More could be said about my experience with the thing but I would just be wasting more keystrokes.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1
Loading thread data ...

dtnps83...

Same experience. Ordered one, to see how it worked. Tried it for about 15 minutes. Called up to return it to get my money back. They said keep it, and we'll just send you a refund. And they did. I returned it to them anyway.

I started out using a 110VAC iron too many years ago and then tried the Whal for awhile, but the batteries kept wearing out and I got tired of ordering tips and batteries. And I never thought it was a good idea to have a butane irorn. So now, since I so seldom need and iron, I take the time and pull out the extension cord and use the

110Vac old Unger iron.
Reply to
Jim

My reasoning for wanting the Wahl is that when you release the button it turns off, seems a bit safer for an 11 year old.

Reply to
Effenpig1

s83...

That's true.

No use starting off the new year with a house fire :-)

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.