OT MOH Box ID

Hello all,

I know this is Off Topic but maybe someone just might know the answer.

I am trying to ID a MOH box. It is black in color, has a CD player on one end and other controls, power, audio output on the other end. There is no CD installed.

Presently it is working just fine but the current message needs to be changed to something new. Customer has no documentation and the original installer is non existent. I think that a CD with a Message File, .MP3 or .wav or something is loaded and the message then is transferred to Memory where it plays in an endless loop.

The unit has no brand name anywhere. The links below are pictures. And yes, they are very poor pictures, but the best I could get.

What I am trying to do is acquire the install and set up documentation. Or at the very least some idea has to how to load a new message.

If I can't locate the unit will be in the nearest landfill very soon.

formatting link
formatting link
Thanks to all that reply. Have a good day.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1
Loading thread data ...

What the hell is an MOH box?????

Reply to
Jim

I am not familiar with that Music on hold box but your right about how me= ssage is recorded into memory . I would try inserting a cd with new message= and push couple buttons on it to see what response you get or it may suck= it in automatically and then eject CD . Muzak had a similar looking OGM b= ut they always had stickers on them ones I have seen. after it has been put in memory.

Reply to
NickMark

Sorry, this may be outside your comfort zone. MOH stands for Music On Hold or Message On Hold. It is used on a phone system to provide Music or Messages for those that are placed on hold while waiting for the person you called to answer the phone or get the information you are seeking.

Hope that helps.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

That is not an Outgoing message box I am familiar with but you are correct = about the message transferring from CD to units memory that's how most of t= hem work. Try popping a new message CD into it and push couple buttons and = see what happens. Some of them did it auto once CD was pushed in then eject= ed when memory synced. Kinda looks like one of the Muzak ones I have seen b= ut they usually have sticker etc on them. is it possibly Bogen they made th= em for a while ?

Reply to
NickMark

That is not an Outgoing message box I am familiar with but you are correct about the message transferring from CD to units memory that's how most of them work. Try popping a new message CD into it and push couple buttons and see what happens. Some of them did it auto once CD was pushed in then ejected when memory synced. Kinda looks like one of the Muzak ones I have seen but they usually have sticker etc on them. is it possibly Bogen they made them for a while ?

Nick,

Since there is a current message already working(just needs updated) I need to have a "good" new message ready on CD before I experiment otherwise I erase the current and have crap as the replacement. (not the best solution) For this customer it would be better to trash this unit and get new with proper doc's. I am thinking new to be with USB Flash Stick. I just find it amazing that the mfg. did not Brand the dang thing. Oh, and it says "Made in USA" on the case.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Sure, that's good to know. I don't do telephone systems .... mainly because I can't respond quick enough in the event their systems go down. Thanks.

Reply to
Jim

Found out today that the unit is made by Nel-Tech Labs, Inc. Sonorous v2.0. The reason it was un-branded is that it was purchased from a phone manufacture that did not want the OEM name on it. I got the documentation and ready to burn a new CD.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

I am sorry that I can not help, but MOH units have gotten downright reasonable. Many even come with a royalty free music track now.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.