OT: Might be away for a few days again

All of a sudden I have the same symptoms I had before. Nurse is on the way here to evaluate me. may have to go into the hospice center again. Need prayers.

Thanks guys, Robert

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

It sure has been a long 6 months...

Reply to
mleuck

Turned out to be a medical error. The new nurse put too much of one medication in my medicine dispensor this week. They sent a nurse out and after sorting things she figured it out. Now they are giving me supplemental medicines to bring things under control. It'll take a few days but I didn't have to be admitted so I'm grateful for that.

Regards, Robert

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Fuck You.

Didn't your mom teach you not to say anything at all if you can't say something nice? Show a little respect, even if you don't like him. That is what decent people with at least 'some' set of morals do.

Look around, you're the only one left still taunting a dying man. That means

*everyone else* (what, 40 or so regulars) has a set of morals, and know it's WRONG to do that. Every single one of his detractors has either said nothing negative, or they went one more step to make some sort of peace with him in the last 6 months. Even Pete's response when declining Robert's "Olive Brach" was not written in such a nasty manner.

I'm really starting to think you're a sociopath. I can't recall any single incident in the 8 years I've been an ASA regular, that you've complimented, thanked, wished-well, or had anything nice to say to or about anyone.

PS, to the group: I do remember that I promised not to fight anymore with anyone at the beginning of the year. But his comment is so inappropriate, something had to be said in response to his cruel, downright evil, and completely unnecessary 'quip'.

That's all I'm going to write. He is not going to troll-bait me into arguing.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I'm sorry to hear your symptoms returned Robert. I'll make sure I say a little something to the Big-Guy on your behalf. It's been working thus far!

BTW.. I have been searching for the files you asked for, and out of 6 drives, 4 do not contain them, 1 won't spin-up ( and gets really hot on the bottom).

I can't mount the last one for some reason. Even though Windows can "see" it in the disk management console, it will not let me assign a letter. I will try it with Ubuntu next time I have a chance.

Get Well, God-Bless...

Graham

Reply to
G. Morgan

Wow. That's pretty bad, an avoidable error that caused harm. It's time for the new nurse to be the old nurse. There is no excuse for not double checking the med's. That is a job that needs to be done with 100% accuracy, 100% of the time.

In the last year I have personally caught 2 prescription orders not written correctly for me, and 3 or 4 prescription filling errors at the pharmacy.

Now I know how to read a prescription and proofread it as soon as they hand it over. And I don't leave the counter or drive-thru when picking-up until I verify everything on the labels is correct.

The doctors and nurses are often so rushed to meet their quota of patients they are making more mistakes. Pharmacies around here are often understaffed with techs and most stores just keep one licensed pharmacist on duty to save money I guess. So you have less people doing more work, and going by what I've seen I think you can purchase a pharmacy-tech licence at Pep-Boy's for about $30.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Graham, you'd be amazed at the way the hospice nurses are. They come to my home each week to set up my meds in one of those dispensing boxes each. In addition, any time I call with a problem they come over, usually within minutes.

During the weekly visit they take my vitals, then visit for as much as an hour discussing my treatment making sure all the equipment is working correctly, whatever. There's never a rush.

I feel bad for the nurse because she may be in trouble with her boss. Humans make mistakes. I was fortunate to catch the problem right away and it's now being treated.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I remember you telling me about it and how great they've been. I knew a hospice caretaker once (in fact we just re-acquainted on Facebook). She enjoyed the work because of clients like you who were so grateful and that she was able to make a positive impact when they needed it most. It eventually took out an emotional toll and she had to resign. Very tough job, but the ones who do it (especially volunteers) are angels.

Well I'm glad it was something reversible and not a new disease. You are so damn stubborn you may outlive me.

Reply to
G. Morgan

My mother is a private hospice nurse in PR. She has been doing it for over 20 years. She cares for her patients at their own home. She visits them everyday until their time to pass. Sometimes they only last for a few weeks. Other times they last about a year. She finds it especially hard when its a child that she must care for.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Wow, she's obviously a very caring woman. I don't think I'd be able to handle it after the first patient died.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Me, stubborn? :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

She must be an amazing woman, Jim. Ordinary people just can't do that job.

Robert

Reply to
Robert L Bass

My wife is a nurses aid on the dementia floor of a nursing home and also does home care for those in hospice situations as well as others. I really don't know how those folks do it.

She really enjoys talking to them and getting to know them (and of course, some of the duties require REALLY getting to know them). It's always tough when one passes, but if it ever comes to it for me, I hope I get someone like my wife, gets the job done without taking shit but stays positive, compassionate and attentive - Oh yeah, and it would be nice if she is a hot as my wife too...

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Hey I think I was insulted there, not sure tho

Do decent people with morals continually spam a home security forum with their health issues? =A0

It has been a long 6 months, you consider that rude I consider that accurate, Pete knows Robert's full of shit

You haven't been reading much then, I think I did give one compliment several years ago to someone, forgot who

Apparently I already have

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.