OT: Fancy Schmancy Coffee Maker

I'm not too particular about my coffee except I do like not having too many grounds in the cup. My wife on the other hand is into all that fancy "stuff." We've had a Jura coffee maker for many years. Its been sent back to be rebuilt two or three times, and its been sitting broken on the counter top again for the last couple years. It was quite expensive when we got it. Its the kind that grinds the beans presses them into a cake, and forces steam through them on a cup by cup basis. Well it is when it works. I've been bugging my wife to just throw the darn thing in the dumpster for the last year and a half, but she keeps making noise about fixing it again. I hate throwing good money after bad, and its taking up valuable real estate on the kitchen counter. I'ld get her another one if it would last. Any suggestions?

No the Kurig prepacked marketing and RMR generating machine is not really an option.

Personally I am perfectly happy with my Mr Coffee and some Folgers, but I'm sure you've heard the cliche many times. "Happy wife, happy life."

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Bob, Just so you don't think I am ignoring your quest I felt compelled to respond.

I am the very last person to ask since I have not touched coffee for at least the past 40 years or so. Me, opposite of you like my coffee a certain way, but am too lazy to remember how to make my own. So I just quit the stuff.

Not that my input will help you on your quest but at the very least you know if I show up at your door you shouldn't offer me a "Cup of Joe".

BTW the counter real estate at my house has plenty or room for working stuff. LOL

Have a good Turkey Day!!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Used to drink about 5/6 cups a day. I knew I shouldn't drink that much but just couldn't break the habit.

About 10/12 years ago I caught pneumonia and was really sick and didn't/cou ldn't drink anything but broth and tea for a few weeks. When I got better I realized that I had an opportunity to stop the daily coffee fix. Now I dri nk a cup of tea with breakfast in the morning and sometimes one at night wh en I come home.

No coffee for all that time since.

I used to smoke about 40 years ago too. I figure if I ever reach the age of about 95 or so, I just might start smoking and drinking coffee again.

Cup of coffee and a cigarette in the morning ..... boy .... that was livin! ;-)

Reply to
Jim

Bob, I don't guess you got the repairs notes from the past.. You might be able to figure out what is needed to repair the thing yourself, if you had a starting point..

formatting link
seems to have a pretty good website for information and replacement parts.. Not knowing your model, or symptom's, it's kind of hard for anyone to give useful advice..

RTS

Happy Thanksgivings, to you and yours...

I'm not too particular about my coffee except I do like not having too many grounds in the cup. My wife on the other hand is into all that fancy "stuff." We've had a Jura coffee maker for many years. Its been sent back to be rebuilt two or three times, and its been sitting broken on the counter top again for the last couple years. It was quite expensive when we got it. Its the kind that grinds the beans presses them into a cake, and forces steam through them on a cup by cup basis. Well it is when it works. I've been bugging my wife to just throw the darn thing in the dumpster for the last year and a half, but she keeps making noise about fixing it again. I hate throwing good money after bad, and its taking up valuable real estate on the kitchen counter. I'ld get her another one if it would last. Any suggestions?

No the Kurig prepacked marketing and RMR generating machine is not really an option.

Personally I am perfectly happy with my Mr Coffee and some Folgers, but I'm sure you've heard the cliche many times. "Happy wife, happy life."

Reply to
RTS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.