OT - Church Bulletins

From an old "Dear Abby" article I found while cleaning out my desk:

Most people don't realize how much editing goes into producing a church bulletin or newsletter. Some announcements have to be completely rewritten because if they appeared the way they were submitted, it would lead to total confusion. Here are some examples:

Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community.

For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery downstairs.

This being Easter Sunday, we will ask Mrs. Martin to come forward and lay an egg on the altar.

Next Sunday, a special colection will be taken to defray the cost of the new carpet. All those wishing to do something on the new carpet may come forward and do so.

The United Methodist Women have cast off clothing of every kind. They may be seen in the church basement Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

and my personal favourite:

Don't let worry kill you - let the church help.

Reply to
Frank Olson
Loading thread data ...

Jesus Saves but Moses Invests

thought it was funny

Reply to
Crash Gordon

The "If you think your fire proof keep on sinnin"

Reply to
Jim

There's Stop, drop and roll won't work in hell.

Reply to
Injun Ear

I read a list of these somewhere. I recall only a few.

"Low Self-Esteem Group meets Thursdays at 8:pm... Please enter via the back door"

The "Little Mothers Group" will meet in Pastor James' Office Saturday at

9:am... Anyone wishing to become a Little Mother should see Rev. James during the week.
Reply to
Robert L Bass

Drawing of a wall with two lines of Graffiti: "God is Dead" --Nietzsche That line is crossed out. Beneath it: "Nietzsche is dead" --God

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.