one zone alarms after away arming but not after stay arming

I have a texecom 816 been working ok for a while. .At random times When the system is away armed the alarm triggers on one zone (interior pir). But the system does not trigger when stay armed. What should I look for? Thanks

Reply to
reede
Loading thread data ...

bad connection in PIR, bugs in/near PIR, environment issue. Try replacing the PIR. Next, stap out the contact on the PIR (possible wiring issue). Next strap the zone in the control (bad control?)

John Sowden American Sentry Systems, Inc.

Reply to
John Sowden

I'm not familiar with the Texecom panels but I'll presume that it works lik e other panels with regard to "home" and "away" arming.

If the panel is working properly and is programmed properly, when you arm t he system in the home mode the motion detector will be bypassed. When you a rm it in the away mode the motion detector will not be bypassed. Obviously, when you are home, and the system is armed, if there is anything in the ro om that would set the motion detector off, the system would not go into ala rm condition.

Motion detectors are usually pretty hardy and very seldom fail. The reasons why they trip (for no APPARENT reason)are many. Stray sources of infra red or object that reflect infra red are most common. I don't know where you a re located but if the weather is starting to get cold and your heating syst em is kicking on, you may have a heat source in view of the motion detector that wasn't there when the system was installed. Also, as the seasons chan ge, the sun can enter a room at a different angle and shine on or be reflec ted off of something in the room that the motion detector now detects. Do t he false alarms happen at a certain time of the day? Sunrise? Sunset? If at night, are there any ways that light from outside the house could shine in through blinds (car headlights)? Have you got a fax machine in the room? A

ill even set off pet immune motion detectors) Take a look around the room f or anything that has changed or could be a source or reflect a source of li ght. Keep in mind that even though plants are green, they can reflect infra red. If the plant is moving due to forced air heating system, the motion d etector will see it as a source of moving infra red.

Check it out...........

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.