On-topic question...

...I know, what is the group coming to?

Before I just dive in and try this, maybe someone can answer me a quick question: would a DSC keypad perchance work with a Paradox panel?

I've recently "come into" an SP-6000 panel and figure I might as well replace the (relatively) ancient DSC PC1500 that came with my place (and maybe use it to replace the fried 1550 in my sister's place)... but will I need to replace my existing keypad? Do these panels use proprietary protocols with their keypads?

I'm guessing it probably won't work, but it's worth asking...

Reply to
Matt Ion
Loading thread data ...

RHC: No, it won't work. Only the line of keypads designed for the SP6000 will work with that control panel. Even the slightly older Spectra 1738 / 1759 keypads are not compatible with the new SP6000

Reply to
tourman

Alright, that's what I figured. Guess I'll be grabbing a keypad on my next stop by Burtek.

Thanks!

Reply to
Matt Ion

No

Reply to
Mark Leuck

ADI doesn't sell DSC

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Why would I care? I have a DSC system already.

Reply to
Matt Ion

I have no idea. I don't think anyone actually had a "destination" in mind.

No, it's not (worth asking). Ya cheap prick... go out and get yourself a real system. Elk M1Gold. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

"Guess I'll be grabbing a keypad on my next stop by Burtek."

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yes. A Paradox keypad. For the SP-6000 I now have.

Go back and read the original message again.

In fact, let me help you out: "I've recently come into an SP-6000 panel and figure I might as well replace the (relatively) ancient DSC PC1500 that came with my place (and maybe use it to replace the fried 1550 in my sister's place)... but will I need to replace my existing keypad?"

Reply to
Matt Ion

And ADI/Burtek sells Paradox? - don't think so.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Well, that's where I got the panel from in the first place.

formatting link

9th line down, right column.

Any more stupid questions?

Reply to
Matt Ion

Guess not.

Reply to
Matt Ion

Doesn't appear on the line card I'm looking at jagoff.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I'm not sure how much longer Burtek/ADI is going to be able to carry the Paradox line. I'm sorta waiting for that "shoe" to drop. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Perhaps... however, at this particular time, Burtek (at least here in Vancouver) DOES carry Paradox, and I have both the SP-6000 panel and Magellan keypad purchased from them to prove it :)

Reply to
Matt Ion

Apparently it already has dropped at least according to the line card listing for US.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Welp I guess we can play dueling images if you want, but since ADI bought Burtek...

formatting link

Reply to
Crash Gordon

formatting link
So what's your point? Are you saying I IMAGINED getting a Paradox panel and keypad from Burtek?

Reply to
Matt Ion

I'm kinda wondering if we shouldn't stock up on my favourite Paradox motions before that "other shoe" drops. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Hey I was just trying to save you a trip, OK...sheesh how would I know you were in another country. Forgive me for trying.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.