On another search

Hey guys,

Anyone remember the Sentrol 6155CT Cold Temp Motion Detector??

I may be in need of one but it seems it is no longer available.

Any one know if there was a replacement or what would be a good choice for a un-heated garage application that will get rather cold in the winter??

Thanks for any insight thrown this way.

Have a good week.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1
Loading thread data ...

Les there's a reason why its no longer available.... (Dual tech, and a sack load of false alarms)

You considered maybe Photo beams? (may cost a little more but greatly reduces the false alarm problem....)

RTS

Reply to
RTS

Yes, considered photo beams. Customer understands and is not interested in that.

Strange, I had installed maybe 3 or 4 of the 6155CT's and don't remember any false alarms as a result. Customers have since sold business or moved so the systems are no longer in service.

Thanks for the input. I will work up a different plan.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

formatting link
high end outdoor motion will work fine in freezer

Reply to
NickMark

Yeah, I used to use them occasionally. Had a chain of ice cream distributors. Didn't have any problems with them.

Take a look at the DSC LC 171 or the Visonic TOWER-20AM MCW. Honeywell and Optex all make outdoor motion detectors which should be adequate

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.