Old RS Meter with Serial Port

Ages ago I had a Radio Shack meter with a serial port I used for data logging to a laptop when customer power was in question. It saved me more than one headache with the power company or other power and equipment vendors. It has long since wandered away, and as near as I can tell RS no longer sells it. It was modestly affordable back in the day. I think they sold for around $70. Much less than any Fluke or Tripplets meter. So... anybody know of a modern day replacement with spending a mega buck on a meter?

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Hey Bob,

I actually have one of these(or last years model)

formatting link

Didn't get it thru Amazon. At this time I think TekPower.com website is having trouble.

I only got it for one project some years ago and it worked ok. Except that I could not run a long term test due to the battery life.

I am presently having trouble remembering where the stuff is at as well as what laptop I have the software loaded on.

Maybe it will fit you needs.

Good luck!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

a quick search on the web...

ready made...

formatting link

formatting link

to build your own...

formatting link

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

I just used a standard terminal program to continuously read the output from the meter. Then I would save it as a text file and do some find/replace operations to convert it to something I could import into Lotus to make pretty graphs.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Extech makes a inexpensive meter with rs232 output

Reply to
NickMark

Uhhhh ..... we didn't wake you .... did we?

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.