Oh well...

I had a new scan and saw my oncologist yesterday. Unfortunately, it looks like the "all clear" signal was wrong. The cancer came back with a vengeance. The prognosis is pretty grim.

I have to start chemo again in a few weeks but first I'm going back to Brazil one last time. According to the doctor I should make it to next spring, possibly even a year, if I do the chemo. Without it he says I might not see Christmas.

Regards, Robert

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

oks like the "all clear" signal was wrong. =A0The cancer came back with a v= engeance. =A0The prognosis is pretty grim.

azil one last time. =A0According to the doctor I should make it to next spr= ing, possibly even a year, if I do the chemo. =A0Without it he says I might= not see Christmas.

I get this pit in the bottom of my stomach every time I go for one of my scans. and wonder . I know this had to be devastating news for you Bob I hope you make it much longer. So far so good for me still having trouble getting my illiostomy reversed but so far I have put my weight back on and I am in remission for now wish the same was for you.

Reply to
nick markowitz

The funny thing is I never seem to feel that way. But this time I was a bit nervous and sure enough...

It did kind of knock me down. After I had that good test a while back I began to think for the first time in three years that there really was hope.

Thanks. It doesn't look too promising right now though.

I'm glad to hear you're winning. I was pretty worried for a while that you wouldn't make it.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

oks like the "all clear" signal was wrong. =A0The cancer came back with a v= engeance. =A0The prognosis is pretty grim.

azil one last time. =A0According to the doctor I should make it to next spr= ing, possibly even a year, if I do the chemo. =A0Without it he says I might= not see Christmas.

Well this should make you feel better, my hip is just fine now

Reply to
mleuck

RHC: Bob, I just checked in to see what's going on (I don't frequent the newsgroup much anymore), and heard the dreadful news. I honestly don't know what to say....this is terrible and the worst news I have heard for a long time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope that you can pull off another recovery again. Anything else I can say is just banal window dressing !!

Take care my friend...we'll pray for you.

Reply to
tourman

That's good. I don't wish you any harm.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Thanks, Bob. If you make it down to Florida again, I hope you have time to visit Sarasota. If that's as far away as next spring, I probably won't still be riding but who knows?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I have to start chemo again in a few weeks but first I'm going back to Brazil one last time.

take one of those French jets. those puppies are nice!

Reply to
KingFish

Hi Robert. Can I ring you man?

So sorry to hear this shit.

Kind regards.

Micky.

Reply to
Micky Savage

Pe3Pdi2LPXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

I wonder how many people will get that reference

Reply to
mleuck

messagenews:YNSdnSPe3Pdi2LPXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

That's pretty twisted if you ask me. Quit feeding the troll!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

KINGFISH YOU ARE SICK MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Micky Savage

Now that's the wrong attitude, Robert. Of course you'll still be riding. It'll just look a little strange. Your Moped and Bob's big Goldwing. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

RHC: Ahh....er....his Suzuki is a couple of hundred cc's and 50 horsepower on the plus side of my 1500 cc Kawasaki Cruiser....:))

Still, I hope to ride with him again next spring.....

Reply to
tourman

I'm gonna talk to "the Man upstairs" about that very subject tonight! :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

RHC: I second that.....

Reply to
tourman

Sure thing. I'm usually around M-F

Yeah, me too.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Heh, heh, heh...

Actually, I'm considering selling the "other" bike, a 2008 Honda Shadow 750 and buying a used GSXR. A lot of my friends race at a track near Jax and I thought I'd like to learn.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I don't recall what the HP rating is but it's got 1850 ccs and it's pretty fast.

That would be really nice.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Thanks.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.