OH, how I hate Fedex

I'm done with Fedex. For the few times I've used them I've had more issues with them than with UPS and USPS combined. They're fine when things go smoothly, but there is absolutely no accountability when there is a problem. My friend in NY sent me a package Friday for delivery on Saturday, he paid $40. Saturday I wait and wait, finally I called him for the tracking #.. It was in Memphis, TN , I'm in PA. I called and the lady was fairly polite, said there were flight delays, and said " don't worry, it will be there Monday before noon. I said " I don't need it Monday, I need it today. She said I could apply for a refund if I wanted to. Great. Anyway, I decided to call back and try to find out if there was any way to know around what time it would arrive, so I didn't have to waste half a day waiting at home. The guy who answered put me on hold, and every time I was about to give up he came back on and asked me to hold a little longer. Finally the phone rings and a new guy answers who has no idea what I was talking to the other guy about. This guy was rude right from the start, he acted like he was in the middle of dinner with his family when I called or something. He says, " the package is on schedule, it was never supposed to arrive on Saturday. WTF? The last lady I talked to told me it was supposed to be Saturday but got delayed. I guess they must change info so they don't have to give refunds or something.

The time before this I waited for a package all day, a piece of maple crown molding, only to give up after wasting most of the day. I walked outside and saw it on my neighbors porch.

The time before that, I had a package delivered to my friends accounting office. It was scheduled to arrive the Friday before easter. When I got there expecting it to be delivered, I found it was not there. I called Fedex, and after being on hold for 20 minutes the guy told me the driver had tried to deliver it but the office was closed. I said "Bulls**t, it's an accounting office, it's 1 week before the tax deadline, there's no way we're closed and there's no way he even came here". They said they couldn't ask the delivery driver because he had already went home for the weekend. This was at

2pm !!! I bet the ass clown delivery guy marked half his deliveries as closed just to get home early for the weekend.

Fedex, you can suck it !!!!

End rant

Reply to
Effenpig1
Loading thread data ...

LOL. Glad to see I'm not the only one. Sorry for your frustration though. The thing is they all suck from time to time. USPS has been improving dramatically the last few years. Actually much better now that I moved out of town.

The problems with DHFEDUPS I think are regional and a reflection of the local management in each distribution center. Lately I have been pretty lucky. Even when Tri... er... one of my vendors sends my deliveries to a different street UPS still manages to get them to me. I have to be honest though. Historically I have had issues with every single one of them. The worst IMO is Estes Freight Lines. Well, they might be better than Yellow Freight, but I have not had anything delivered by them in more than 10 years.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I gace up on FedEx after a very similar runaround years ago. It's annoying as heck when you really couint on them for something critically urgent and they not only screw it up but then act so cavalier about the thing.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

That's the real ass burner, the whole "everything's fine, it will get there monday." That's great, but would I have spent $40 to have it saturday if I didn't need it until monday? C'mon

I have had issues with UPS too, but they at least give the appearance of trying to rectify the situation.

USPS has been pretty good, and they had better not mess with me now that they have those flat rate boxes. I'll start filling them with 70 pounds of bricks and mailing them to California.

Reply to
Effenpig1

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

I have had problems with fed ex and UPS leaving packages at the transmitter site I maintain for the Radio station which is unmanned and no one is there for days at a time . I even put signage up location is unmanned and where to send packages to and still find them sitting there 3-4 weeks later when i go up to do maintanance

Reply to
nick markowitz

USPS has been pretty good, and they had better not mess with me now that they have those flat rate boxes. I'll start filling them with 70 pounds of bricks and mailing them to California.

How about 70lbs of machine tools and mailing them to Arizona. LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

I'd take 70lbs of ice cream!! :-))))

Reply to
Jim

Oh, that's just wrong. LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

[my words]

Apparently, FedEx simply refused to help. Maybe they were afraid that their own staff would take more of an interest in the union.

Afterward, some distributors flat refused to ship FedEx even for a dealer willing to use his own FedEx account.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

formatting link

Log on to Find out how you can make money by clicking my Web Site. You will find good Affiiliates for health products, such as EDTA-Oral Chelation, Apricot kernels for cancer treament, Other affiliates are for Computers, household products, Satellite TV (You may watch International Channel on your Computer), Download Commmercial Movies, Email, Free Horoscope.

Reply to
Yvan Hall

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.