Odd Call The Other Day

Fellow said he had somehow scrambled the operation of his 8 zone XL2T/P. (I forget which.) Wanted to know if I could fix it by downloading. I was on a jobsite, and he was pushy to get me to help him right now. I tried to explain what the options were, and that I would try to help him when I had some time, but would he please send me an email with his information so I could contact him when I got back in the office. He seemed to think that wasn't good enough. He only has one keypad when I asked, so I suggested he just use any modern panel with enough zones and replace his board. He then complained that he didn't want to pay for that. Really? A simple 8 zone control and a keypad was too much for him, but he wanted me to drop what I was doing, go back to the office, and fix his problem right now? He said he had already talked to Jim Rojas about doing an unlock, but based on the guys description of what was happening I doubt that an unlock would help, and I doubt that I could reset it by remote download either. I did offer to try, but I wasn't going to leave my jobsite and do it right that minute. The panel sounded damaged. He didn't want to pay for a relatively reasonable price simple fix, but wanted me to drop what I was doing to help him when it sounds like it might not be possible.

Dude, If you are reading this, sorry. I did offer to try and help, you didn't email me so I could contact you when I got back in the office, and you called me from a restricted number... which by the way I normally do not answer.

I just did a search for 8 zone controls and there are a number of them out there for $100 or less, but be careful. Some claim 8 zones, but two of them are wireless only like the P801. I also did a search for FBII XL2T and found places selling the XL2T for well under $100, so you can just buy one, swap the board, and reprogram it.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

P.S. The XL2 series of panels used to be a 6 zone control plus an unsupervised normally open panic input. The only one I found currently available is the XL2T which claims to be a seven 7 panel, not an 8 zone panel.

P.S. The XL2 series of panels used to be a 6 zone control plus an unsupervised normally open panic input. The only one I found currently available is the XL2T which claims to be a seven 7 panel, not an 8 zone panel.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.