NX8v2 service fault and arm

Does anyone knows where to locate in DL900 and disable the service fault acknowledgement because in one of my installations when there is a service fault i.e. fail to communicate my client cannot arm the system... thanks in advance spyros

Reply to
proguard
Loading thread data ...

The only way I know that you can get rid of the fail to communicate is to set it up and let it communicate to a Receiver and get a proper kiss off. Then turn OFF the dialer.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

There is a setting within software pages i remeber seeing where panel can be set so it will not arm if there's a service fault I will see if i can find it for you.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Sorry i thought NX8 had it was the FBII Omini panels.

Reply to
nick markowitz

they may have to punch the code in twice to arm or disarm until the fault is cleared. first time panel tells you something is wrong, second time to arm or disarm.

Reply to
Techvoid

I find some times with the nx series power them down power them back up and they work fine. one of those weird glitch things

Reply to
nick markowitz

Nick, this is on OMNI seriesof Honeywell as you mention. We'll try twice the code, but that we did is to aknowledge the problem with *2 and then the code to arm and nothing happens.

*44 will send a manual test to central [if set ON in progamming loc37, segment 2, option 7] that would end ftc trbl by forcing successful comm.
Reply to
Techvoid

Nick, this is on OMNI seriesof Honeywell as you mention. We'll try twice the code, but that we did is to aknowledge the problem with *2 and then the code to arm and nothing happens.

1st time = error beeps [to remind you have a problem] 2nd time = arm/disarm I may be quick but I'm not Nick.
Reply to
Techvoid

Sorry I waved my magic wand for you but it said Error as well. is there any way to go in and turn communicator off . clear problem then re program it back in.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Ok, so I always thought that the only way to clear a Fail to Communicate on a NX panel was to get it to actually communicate and get a proper kissoff from the receiver.

However, that is only true if you want the panel to communicate on account as it did before. As in an example the phone line is down for a couple of days. So it will continue to display the Fail to Comm. During that time frame you will need to enter the code twice to arm and disarm as was stated. Once the phone line is re-established then some signal needs to be generated and it will then clear the Fail to Comm once it does.

On the other hand, if the panel will no longer have a phone line and it is in a Fail to Comm mode it can be cleared by power cycling the panel. Then go into programming and turn off the dialer by placing zero in LOC 2. The Fail to Comm is cleared and the panel will not try to communicate thus all is good.

Now that may have been stated by others in one way or another. I just verified it for myself by testing it out on my bench to make sure.

Hope that helps someone.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

All of the above helps all of us :-) thanks oms!

Reply to
proguard

Reply to
Just Looking

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.