NX8E master user fault

Recently i install a Caddx NX8E-GR. Everything was ok except the basic! The user #1 (master) does not have access to change his own code or to programm even other users. That means that in a brand new control panel, the user (#1 i believe) with code number 1234 by default isn't the master! The installtion area doesn't have (untill now) phone line so i cannot give master previledges by download via DL900. Does anyone has any idea?!?! I'm trying [*] [8] [1234] and the ready light did not flash....

Thanks in advance

Spyros Kintzonides Thessaloniki - Greece

Reply to
proguard
Loading thread data ...

try *5 1234

Reply to
diver

I have tried also [*] [5] [1234] but nothing happened... i don't know what... anyway, i believe i must wait for the telco to connect the line in order to make a download...

=CE=9F/=CE=97 diver =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5:

Reply to
proguard

By default the master code is not changeable.

You have to go into dealer programming and turn that feature off. I am not sure of the program location, but it is a check box in the download software.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

it's *5 1234 usernumber newcode or *5 1234 01 ????

Reply to
Cam

don't forget # to exit when done.:)

Reply to
plug

Yo Spyros,

*8 is for installer level programming.

1234 is the Default Master User Code

*5 is for changing codes need Master User Code.

9713 is the Default Installer Code

They will not always intermix.

Do the following first. * 8 9 7 1 3 0 # 9 1 0 # {EXIT} {EXIT} This will Default the panel.

Then to change master code * 5 1 2 3 4 0 0 1 (new master code) # to exit

After that read the Installation Manual.

Good luck,

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

I' ve done this also! I default the panel and again the code 1234 cannot be changed! I type *5 1234 and the ready light didn't flash in order to give me access to type the user number (i.e. 001) i would like to change... For me it's mystery... It isn't the first time i'm deal with Caddx. I have install plenty of NX4 and NX8... I think i must wait for the telco in order to make a download to see what happened...

=CE=9F/=CE=97 ABLE_1 =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5:

Reply to
proguard

Thats why I use a laoptop and a cable. Whe I set them up I dont have to rember numbers.

Reply to
Rich

must not be a master arm/disarm code then.

?/? ABLE_1 ??????:

Reply to
plug

have you tried 123456 incase its set for 6 digit code?

?/? ABLE_1 ??????:

Reply to
plug

Also i tried 123456.. nothing happened again. The dealer code is ok. NP with this. I have also change it and programm all the parameters of the panel (and 4 digit code also). I dont know what to say about this.... Mystery! :) btw how can i connect my lap with nx8 without phone line?

Reply to
proguard

Does the code arm/disarm the panel? Can you use the code to set the time & date? Is the system partitioned ?

Does the following paragraph lifted from the installation manual apply?

NOTE: Any master arm/disarm code can add or change a user code if the master code has access to the same partitions as the code being added/changed. Consequently, when programming the user codes for a partitioned system, leave at least one code (can be "go to program code" if enabled in location

43) access to all partitions or you will not be able to add new users. If you desire the end user to be able to add new codes, you must remove the partition authority from all blank codes.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

get a NX586 Serial interface has the 3 wires that connect to the keypad connections. There is supposed to be a USB version, I dont know if it is out yet. You may want to check on that with GE tech support.

Reply to
Sean Sokoly

You have installed plenty of these and you can't figure out how to change the master code???

?/? ABLE_1 ??????:

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Every once in a while we have to rely on the helpful assistance of a "programming guru". Some of us (like Tom for instance) have a special "hot line" to your desk (I think the "bat phone" is flashing even now). :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Hello mr Spyros ,

Have You put in your country code by set up ? ( NX 8 V2 )

• 8 9713 0 # 213 # X * # ( where X is your country code for spec. settings ) then exit , exit.

You wil need to progranm the system again. also try to set the time ? , thats also not working when your country code is on factory set ( zero )

greets

Reply to
EJ

DL900 spoils installers. As a matter of principle I make each of my team learn the keypad way first and then give them the "easy" way. A company that relies on downloading panels for programming breeds incompetent installers good for only pulling wire.

Reply to
S. Smith

If you haven't already called it up and fixed the problem, it looks like the panel might have local programming locked out. Defaulting gives a triple beep but so does an error.

Reply to
mezrac

WELL SAID!

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.