NX8- V2 not uploading

Anyone else having problems with the new GE Security NX8-v2 not uploading. using the DL-900 software, panel answers and tones for several seconds then popup screen says that the panel is not supported by this software.. We've tried all the available versions of the NX8 listed in the software.. same popup with each one..

RTS

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel
Loading thread data ...

I have not had the problems you describe. You are using the latest version of DL900 and are choosing NX8-V2 as the panel?? Correct???

Reply to
ABLE_1

It works fine for me

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yep, DL-900, fresh off the GE website. Panel fresh from the dist..

running the software on an ME machine using a Hayes Opima 24 modem..

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

This is a job for ...................................... 1-888-437-3287 --

2 -- 1 -- 1

Remember to tell them NOT to say; "Never heard of that before."

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

What are dealing with here? POTS? VOIP? DSL on line?

All this can affect the upload.

Jim Rojas

RockyTSquirrel wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

When you call them, be sure to have something to read while you wait. Suggested materials include Tolstoy's "War and Peace" or "The Gulag Archipelago" by Solzhenitsyn.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Oh, sure. Throw THAT up in his face.

Reply to
alarman

That crossed my mind, However since this was a test to see how reliable the NX8 systems would be. General thinking now is to tell the dist. salesperson to have it back.. We'll move on to another panel for testing. Tks.

1-888-437-3287 --
Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

Tks Bob see our last remarks about sending it back..

1-888-437-3287 --
Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

software end POTS, (60/40, tone, 50.4vdc L to L) (VOIP at panel end)

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

It's sad, the NX-8 used to be a good panel before GE got their hands on it... Check out the Napco Gemini P1632, it's simple, but effective.....

Good Luck, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

How did they change it? What's different?

Reply to
alarman

Who's VOIP????

Reply to
ABLE_1

RockyTSquirrel wrote: \\ (VOIP at panel end)

well there you go. the answer

Reply to
Norton Nescio

Voice Over Internet Provider

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

so your saying that the GE Security NX8 systems won't work with voip? several other brands we've tested do, and some what quicker than pots..

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

Reply to
alarman

If I remember right the original NX-8's had a large heat sink for the power supply, I believe that's gone now. Onboard clock doesn't work very well, sometimes the VER2 panel picks the day and time it wants to send a Test signal. The last NX-8 I used, I programmed two motions for Cross Zone activation, after doing that the panel decided not to send zone restorals anymore. I believe there was a service bulletin about some programming problems with Open/Close reports and some other feature. If you programmed for Open/Close and something else (I can't remember, old age), it caused something else to NOT work correctly. It sounds to me like a Firmware issue, you know cheaper and better :-)) And finally, they're using a CHEAPER enclosure, if you use a tamper switch, you must also use screws to hold the panel door shut... Ughhhhhhhhhhh....... You know, just little shit to piss off the installation guy and save GE some cash...

Reply to
Russell Brill

Thanks. I didn't know.

Reply to
alarman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.