NX unlocker

Just for curious... Does anyone knows if this works???

formatting link

??

Reply to
spyros
Loading thread data ...

Spyros,

I do not know, but if you are up to a gamble go ahead and order it up. Then report back here to let us all know the findings.

Personally, I would ask for a sample run or something that could make you feel that you are not wasting your Euro's.

Good luck!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

I dont need it Les, i'm just curious!

Reply to
spyros

I just sent them an E-mail asking how they will respond when someone uses their product to burglarize, a home or business, set fire or cause bodily harm to someone.

I don't expect an answer.

Reply to
Jim

----- Original Message ----- From: "spyros" Newsgroups: alt.security.alarms Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2016 4:16 PM Subject: Re: NX unlocker

Yes, this will work but not necessarily because you are buying their program. If you already have the download software on a laptop with a USB port and the direct connect 586E, and of course the NX board, you need nothing else but imagination. You would already have all the tools necessary to get into the programming and get the installer code of the last company at the same time.

Being able to use a locked board is great, but when you can get the installer code of the competitor at the same time for the next takeover from the same company, well, as the old TV commercial used to say...Priceless!

You certainly do not need the quickie software, but it may make it a little quicker only for the first time.

Reply to
E DAWSON

No, unless you can find a way to use a laptop with download software and a direct connect NX-586 magically, it will not happen.

The direct connect means just that, it must be directly connected to the existing board. Unless you are an extremely smart but dense burglar, you would not break into someone's house or business just so that you could connect a laptop with a direct connect so that you can get into their programming.

Reply to
E DAWSON

Well obviously someone is not going to break into a premise and try to atta ch a computer to an alarm panel but, what about the employee who has access to his companies alarm panel and can change or view programming so that a burglary can occur at a later time. Or if you are some kind of residential or business service provider who has access to an alarm panel during times the owner isn't around ....... And ..... as previously mentioned, once gai ning access to another alarm companies equipment, now their pass codes for other installations are readily available for take overs or for creating pr ogramming errors in alarm panels of competitors to make them libel for malf unctions. How many people do you know who .... if they had access and the m eans and opportunity of changing programming of a competitor .... would do it? I know a few.

Or how about this ...... anyone having access to a panel for just a few mi nutes and just by beginning an upload from a panel and disconnecting before it's completed could totally screw up a panel so that it couldn't even be defaulted and would require the panel to be replaced by a competitor. And n o one would know why the panel failed.

How many times has the oil burner repair man or plumber or any contractor h ad unsupervised access to your home or business?

I'd love to see a company like this be sued right out of existence and pris on terms meted out because someone was injured or murdered because their pr oduct was used.

It's alright to develop products and make money but there are responsibilit y and ethic bounds that should never be crossed that are motivated solely b y greed. You can't tell me that who ever developed this product has any sen se of what is right or wrong and even cares about what consequences a devic e like this can cause.

Reply to
Jim

?? ?????????, 19 ? ??????????? 2016 - 5:04 :56 ?.?. UTC+2, ? ??????? E DAWSON ??????:

You are right, for someone expert there is a way to upload and read the who le panel. My curiosity is about the unlocker software which is available to everyone if it really works and what can do. IF it works, as i understand, it can only reset the UDL password. Of course by reseting it you can uploa d everything but NOT the UDL password. So what? Even without UDL you can up load and read. So if it really works, i think its a dangerous software out in the market.

Reply to
spyros

Why would they answer? If someone is using this they are already in the house at the panel, you couldn't do it remotely

Reply to
mleuck

tach a computer to an alarm panel but, what about the employee who has acce ss to his companies alarm panel and can change or view programming so that a burglary can occur at a later time. Or if you are some kind of residentia l or business service provider who has access to an alarm panel during time s the owner isn't around ....... And ..... as previously mentioned, once g aining access to another alarm companies equipment, now their pass codes fo r other installations are readily available for take overs or for creating programming errors in alarm panels of competitors to make them libel for ma lfunctions. How many people do you know who .... if they had access and the means and opportunity of changing programming of a competitor .... would d o it? I know a few.

minutes and just by beginning an upload from a panel and disconnecting befo re it's completed could totally screw up a panel so that it couldn't even b e defaulted and would require the panel to be replaced by a competitor. And no one would know why the panel failed.

Never heard of a panel screwing up on a failed upload from the panel

had unsupervised access to your home or business?

ison terms meted out because someone was injured or murdered because their product was used.

Unless they used some GE/Interlogix proprietary software not going to happe n, besides unlocker software has been around several years now and I've yet to hear someone getting murdered over it

Reply to
mleuck

so .... If you're in the middle of an up/download and for some reason you l ose communication in the middle, you're absolutely sure that every time you try to go back and start over again the panel hasn't locked up and won't a llow you to re-enter programming?

I'm sure that's why manufacturers always provide a warning to not interrupt an up/download ..... Right?

And has it happened to me?

Yes.

or had unsupervised access to your home or business?

prison terms meted out because someone was injured or murdered because thei r product was used.

pen, >besides unlocker software has been around several years now and I've yet to >hear someone getting murdered over it

It only takes one. Maybe it'll be you.

Reply to
Jim

Read the post.

It's not worth the time to explain it to you again.

Reply to
Jim

Well obviously someone is not going to break into a premise and try to attach a computer to an alarm panel but, what about the employee who has access to his companies alarm panel and can change or view programming so that a burglary can occur at a later time. Or if you are some kind of residential or business service provider who has access to an alarm panel during times the owner isn't around ....... And ..... as previously mentioned, once gaining access to another alarm companies equipment, now their pass codes for other installations are readily available for take overs or for creating programming errors in alarm panels of competitors to make them libel for malfunctions. How many people do you know who .... if they had access and the means and opportunity of changing programming of a competitor .... would do it? I know a few.

Or how about this ...... anyone having access to a panel for just a few minutes and just by beginning an upload from a panel and disconnecting before it's completed could totally screw up a panel so that it couldn't even be defaulted and would require the panel to be replaced by a competitor. And no one would know why the panel failed.

How many times has the oil burner repair man or plumber or any contractor had unsupervised access to your home or business?

I'd love to see a company like this be sued right out of existence and prison terms meted out because someone was injured or murdered because their product was used.

It's alright to develop products and make money but there are responsibility and ethic bounds that should never be crossed that are motivated solely by greed. You can't tell me that who ever developed this product has any sense of what is right or wrong and even cares about what consequences a device like this can cause.

Anyone can cause harm to anyone, and if you have knowledge about getting into an alarm panel and the ins and outs of locked Networx software, you do not even need this "unlocker" software. The software appears only to reset the installer portion to default. It is not nuclear scientist stuff. If the company selling this, properly vets the buyer as being licensed, it is no different than someone acquiring the regular downloading software. Perhaps you are concerned for your own panels. Someone with the proper skills can connect to any panel of any brand surreptitiously. Most panels need to be disarmed. I can get into most major brands even when locked out. Does that mean that I will break into them to steal? No. I get into them only at a takeover, after the customer has signed a lot of forms and paid up front. To protect yourself, you can apply seals to the panel box that will tell you if someone has opened the box.

I really doubt if anyone will go thru the trouble of learning software and all about alarm panels, buy the installer code reset software, and then put it all together, unless he is a professional thief. I really do not think that the oil burner repair man, the plumber, or any other contractor will take the time to learn the complexity of alarm systems.

Maybe you should think about not using only 1 universal installer code for all your installations/takeovers...Remember, the panels are locked out only during your monitoring time...they should be unlocked for the next guy. If I'm the next guy, it will not bother me much, just an extra 10-15 minutes.

Anyone can get into anything with the right knowledge, remotely...and wirelessly.

Reply to
E DAWSON

I sent an email to their site a few days ago asking for more specifics, including "who are they?". No response yet. I mentioned that I would put the response on the alarm newsgroup.

John

Reply to
John R. Sowden

NXUNLOCKER.COM

12/5/2007 Panelware LLC Jason Outlaw 14157 Bishop Woods Road Gonzales, LA 70737 snipped-for-privacy@yackingcat.com 225-573-1048

He is not doing anything illegal, nor dangerous; as long as he properly scrutinizes the buying party. He is only making it easier for those of you who want to properly take-over a Networx panel that was left locked out, and which also had the download code changed so that you could not log into it using a direct connect. At $99, after 2 boards, you are just about even. His program is not giving away the prior installer code, so those of you who are concerned, you can breathe easier.

...and no, I am not associated in any way with Mr. Outlaw...(though I am sure some of you with have a field day with his last name).

Reply to
E DAWSON

Regardless of how the seller vets a buyer, someone, somewhere, somehow is g oing to use of a ready made product like this for a bad purpose. If it wasn 't available it couldn't be used. It's just a money grab to make the most o ut of it regardless of any nefarious events that could occur. Obviously eth ics no longer has any meaning. So ..... what the f*ck ..... anything goes.

Can I do anything about it? No. Do I have to like it? No. Do I have to agre e with a wishy washy bleeding heart like you who condones it? No.

Take a long walk off a short pier.

Reply to
Jim

I never considered using the same installer code for all systems. I do have the equipment RS-232, not USB, so what is the creative procedure?

rsvp to my email or go to my web site and click on 'contact us', both appear in my office.

formatting link

john

Reply to
John R. Sowden

lose communication in the middle, you're absolutely sure that every time y ou try to go back and start over again the panel hasn't locked up and won't allow you to re-enter programming?

pt an up/download ..... Right?

Reading data from the panel no it's not going to corrupt anything, writing is another story

Reply to
mleuck

Regardless of how the seller vets a buyer, someone, somewhere, somehow is going to use of a ready made product like this for a bad purpose. If it wasn't available it couldn't be used. It's just a money grab to make the most out of it regardless of any nefarious events that could occur. Obviously ethics no longer has any meaning. So ..... what the f*ck ..... anything goes.

Can I do anything about it? No. Do I have to like it? No. Do I have to agree with a wishy washy bleeding heart like you who condones it? No.

Take a long walk off a short pier.

I am not naive at all. The point of logic is that the average guy, such as the boiler man, contractor, or the repair man, has absolutely no clue as to how to even operate the software, nor the experience to know how to reprogram the system. The point is that the little software add-on is predicated upon the fact that the operator has to know how to use the download software first. And, it does not give you the installer code presently in the system, it only defaults it. So, he cannot change the programming to try to bring suit against the present monitoring company, because their installer code would have been changed.

Now I could see the boiler man who wants to get in for any nefarious reason, would most probably first try to bypass the system through any points of access, such as doors, motions, etc. This could be done at the source or at the panel. It is a great stretch of the imagination, that the boiler man would take the extremely hard route of download software and system programming.

Also, are you not forgetting that whoever accesses the panel is leaving an electronic signature in the buffer of date and time? No, the average thief or perpetrator is not going to go this route when he can easily affect the integrity of a zone or zones as well as the communication route with ease and absolute anonymity.

This ready made product is only for the ready made alarm installer to only reset the installer code ( it will not give you the previous code).

The supposed villain could just as easily bring an already programmed board to the premises and just swich it out. It will take a lot less time to swap out a board on an NX panel and just move the wiring over...less than 2 minutes and a lot less conspicuous.

This is not a question of ethics, it is a question of logic. This certainly is not a ready made product for stealing.

By the way, do you use the download software with the direct connect, and are you familiar on how to use it to read the prior installer code, without the NXunlocker?

Reply to
E DAWSON

ou lose communication in the middle, you're absolutely sure that every time you try to go back and start over again the panel hasn't locked up and won 't allow you to re-enter programming?

rupt an up/download ..... Right?

g is another story

Yeah, I know Mark, I'm the OOOOOONNNNLLLLY person in the world that it's ev er happened to.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.