NX-8 Hardware Reset?

Does anyon eknow of a way to default a GE NX-8 panel through the panel itself? Similar to DSC's method.

Reply to
John Adams
Loading thread data ...

I use a 6 lb sledge to reset DSCs, maybe it will work on GE as well?

:-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Page 11 of the manual

Enter The Program mode, then

9 1 0 #

you will here 3 beeps and take 6 seconds

Reply to
Rich

Most of these questions come from ->users

Reply to
Moe Szyslak

Ok Point well taken, He stills need a manual and it's listed in there.

Reply to
Rich

Still no go, the burglar would have to disarm the system and hope the installer code is default then enters programming to default the panel? Ummm no thats something a DIY'er would do but not a burglar

Reply to
Mark Leuck

No, I am not a burglar (of course one would say that). What I was trying to learn was if there was a "hard-wire" reset for this panel.

DSC's 832 can be defaulted by using a jumper wire between one of the zones and another terminal during power-up.

If someone would feel better repling by email please do at:

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

thanks, John A.

Brewer Technology Solutions

Reply to
John Adams

John,

As far as I know the simple answer to your question is no. The panel reset is done as written by Rich. Besides if you feel that their should be an "hardware reset" then you might be better served to ask Caddx Tech Support. Although they will tell you the same as I just have since that is what they told me over a year ago. May not be what you want to here but that is the way it is.

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.