Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
April 18, 2017, 12:55 am
rate this thread
Re: nuvico is not out of business... Is anyone able to use dynddns or another ddns?
service. No-IP works. They offer a free service, but you have to respond
to their monthly email to maintain the service and renew your redirect name.
If you have a static or persistent IP you may not need a DYNDNS service.
Most ISPs charge extra for a static IP, but it might be similar in cost to a
good not-free no headaches dyndns service.
Most cable companies use a persistent IP that changes a couple times a year
as their basic service. Most DSL providers give you a dynamic IP that may
change from every few days to every several weeks.
Bob La Londe
Nuvico went out of business. I read that Dyndns had a work around/fix but
can't find anything on their website. Does anyone know how to use a ddns
service with nuvico dvr?
using Cabling-Design's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to
alt.security.alarms and other telecom groups
- » Looking for AIP AI9821 or Edwards Equal FACP manual
- — Previous thread in » CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Security
- » Up in An Attic In August in Yuma Arizona
- — Newest thread in » CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Security
- » Rural community leaders discuss need for internet speed [telecom]
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum