Now thats service -MPI-25 installed 1983 finally dies

Now thats what you call service from a product installed a MPI-25 in

1983 for a customer who has used it everyday since then and it finally stopped working yesterday. Those early Moose panels where great except for a very fatal flaw in them which made them vulnerable to failure during a break in.That's why I tried to get them all switched out. But this customer loved his and did not want to change. I still have many old Ademco's 221.342r and 100 units still working out there.
Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

still got one MPI-50 working in a barn, and it has a built-in heater for the battery ;-) was installed june 1983.. (never did any MPI-25's) (did a few MPI-330 and MPI-335 though)

RTS

Reply to
Rockytsquirrel

I beta tested the short-lived MPI-26. The panel was and probably still is installed in a wealthy home on Rattlesnake Mountain. They were in the process of remodeling the place. I'm fairly certain these people were multi-millionaires. I offered the panel at no charge if they'd accept a beta. The guy said, sure. It worked, never needed service other than fresh batteries every few years.

I don't recall if they ever brought the model to market or if it just came and went.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Reply to
Rockytsquirrel

The first time I met Wade was at the old convention center, long before they moved ISC to that steel and glass bird cage. He was waiving a JDS-108 around like a kid with a new toy. Sad he's not still at ELK. Things would be different.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Wade was the kind of a guy you could depend on and look up to.. (not like this crowd of greedy clowns we have these days)

btw, I still got a couple of those JDS-108, even a couple of those little zone expander boards they use to make..

RTS

Reply to
Rockytsquirrel

It was great stuff but most of it is gone, along with Wades great attitude. Ah, well. I guess this is what they call progress.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.