Notifier sfp 1024 Ph 2 Trouble

Anyone ever run into this problem?

The system is reporting a Ph 2 trouble and I can't get it to clear. It is not a problem with the phone line, because I have dial tone at the panel. The manual does not explain what this trouble is and how to fix it (at least not that I can find). I have programmed all the fields for the primary and secondary phone.

Notifier tech support will not help because I am not an authorized Notifier dealer.

Thanks for your help!

Reply to
Grumpster
Loading thread data ...

Try reversing the TIP and Ring. Not sure if its like mircom's dialers which are polarity sensitive.

Reply to
sdktech

Add chlorine.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Low telco line voltage maybe?

I had a similar problem on a residential burg installation with a Telguard TG-7 cell backup unit. The cell unit kept reporting telco trouble. I had dial tone at the panel, and all seemed ok, but when I measured the telco voltage it was 22.5 vdc. (Digital telco line by Cox Cable) The cable company found the trouble on their side, but I wasn't there when their tech was, so I don't know what they found. When I went back after their repair, the telco line voltage was 48.5 vdc and all has been well since. js

Reply to
shotgun boogie

Ok, that seems to be a clone of the Firelite 5024, and the Ph trouble means that it tried to communicate to Phone number 2 and failed. Check the secondary phone number programming.

Reply to
Michael

We had an interesting problem with one of the earlier Tellular units. It showed line fault as soon as we powered it up. I checked the phone line and it was within spec. The panel reported fine and regular phones had no problem. I called the manufacturer and they asked if we had grounded the cabinet. We had. They said to break the ground connection. I did. Problem solved.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Just tell them you're from JayCeeI, Another Dumb Technician or some other major Notifier private labeler or dealer. They probably won't know the difference anyway and will tell you what you need to know. Don't you guys put inspection stickers in the panels? You mean there isn't a name there with the panel paperwork that you can't read and use? Tech support is always looking for ways to shake off responsibility for the product. If you're trying to get help with programming that's one thing you shouldn't waste their time with without training, but getting help with simply fixing one or two small items is another matter. That they should help with (in a pinch) in my opinion, probably not theirs of course.

Reply to
Roland More

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.