Nortern N750 Problem

I recently hired a company to install a card reader and a HES door strike on a door and tie it into to our existing N750. The company was not familiar with programming so now we are trying to program it ourself. When the key fob is swiped the light on the reader turns green and beeps and the panel is granting access but the no voltage is sent to the door strike to open it. We have verified 12 volts will open the strike so either the ADM is bad or we have a programming problem. Since we are not programmers I think it is a programming issue. Anyone care to give me some ideas to try?

Thanks

Reply to
Mike_in_SC
Loading thread data ...

"Mike_in_SC" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

if you see an access granted on the the software this mean that the programming is ok...

you must have connected the latch on the wrong connector/relay or didn't supplied the 12 volt to the relay..the n750 doesn't provide the voltage from the relay you need to run a wire from the 12 volt supply then pass it to the relay (usually I use the Common connection to the relay fro the 12 volt) then use one of the 2 remaining output from the relay (n.o should be the one) to connect the current to the latch..the return wire from the latch should be connected to the negative of the power supply output..

Reply to
petem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.