Nextalarm.com -- How good is the service?

Has anyone have experience with this company (nextalarm.com)? I would be interested in any comments you may have about the Internet monitoring service.

I will not be using "The Abbra" (NextAlarm.com's branded version of the Visonic Powermax+). I will be hooking it up to Vista20P panels mainly.

I see they charge DIY'ers $17.95/mo. for monitoring. Does anyone have a price structure for dealers they can share? If you don't want to post it here please email me snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Also, is there a better service than Nextalarm for Internet monitoring? I've been hesitant to delve into this realm of monitoring. With the ever shrinking amount of analog POTS lines I see Internet and cellular as the only way to go.

Reply to
G. Morgan
Loading thread data ...

Why don't you go with Alarm.com?

Reply to
mleuck

Do they do all panels now? I remember at first they only supported GE stuff or something?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Still GE, if you want something comparable to Honeywell panels they do work with the NX stuff. Best add-on to an alarm panel ever created.

Other than well a dialer...keypad...you know

Reply to
mleuck

Why don't you go with Alarm.com

You might want to take a look at the new Telular TG-1 Express

formatting link
... It looks like a versatile product.......

Reply to
Russell Brill

I have one, nice little unit

Reply to
mleuck

Not directly, no. But some of my DIY customers have used them and I have not heard any negative feedback on them. A couple of years ago they were charging about $12 per month though. As far as I know they have a dealer price structure, strictly customer direct.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

They do Napco. I think they'll do other as well.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

No they don't do Napco

Reply to
mleuck

Mark is half-right. I called NextAlarm and checked.

If you ask, "Do you monitor Napco," you will be told no. But it you inquire furthere they will explain that they can and do monitor Napco systems over a standard telephone line. They also require that the customer be responsible for programming his own system.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Read it again, G's question was if Alarm.com works with Napco which it doesn't

As far as monitoring Napco I'm sure anyone can

Reply to
mleuck

Oh, yes. You're right.

Yep.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Read it again, I actually asked about Honeywell panels.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Yes you did but you were also asking about cell units and internet monitoring, I figured you were familiar with GE panels but apparently you weren't

Reply to
mleuck

True, but he mentioned Napco and I replied regarding Napco. I was mistaken.

G, I need to ask you about something regarding a FAQ. Can you give me a call tomorrow?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I've got both Telular and Uplink units in the field now. Both are ok.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

The TG-1 Express is interesting, think TG-4 without the power supply and battery.

Reply to
mleuck

I've sold a fair number of Telular units online. To date, zero complaints. We used to use Telular when I still had the installing company. Tech support was very good.

I never worked with Uplink.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.