News: Wrong security code

Sixteen drinks or sixteen accounts? :^)

Reply to
Robert L. Bass
Loading thread data ...

Hahaha....sixteen accounts.....but hey....it'll be worth 16 drinks to rid myself of them. I'll buy him 16 drinks when I swing the last account over.....

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Better yet, bring him and the wives down to Sarasota to celebrate.

BTW, although as you know I have no patience with the kind of fast-buck scum who wrecked the "authorized dealer" program, I've no quarrel with ADT corporate. In southern New England where I worked for many years they did mostly decent and some really exceptional work, especially on large commercial projects. It's unfortunate that people don't always recognize the difference.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

The corporate side is way out of my area of interest or knowledge so I can't comment one way or the other. I only go by what I see in the residential arena. And I don't like what I see by any stretch of the imagination. I hope J. Shoud is right that the new Canadian exec is going to clean up ADT's residential act. I do try to see both sides of an issue, and I do try to always be fair about things, but IMO, they are the very worst of what our industry has to offer. Maybe it's a good thing there is such a disconnect between the troops on the street and their top executive. If they ever got their act together, they really might become competition, high prices or not...

There ARE lots of the blue signs popping up everywhere in the newer residential neighbourhoods. So they must either be doing things right, or there are enough stupid people or lazy shoppers around that choose to buy their drastically overpriced services. Around here, the hordes of amateurs with their free signs are continually bombarding people door to door until they just wear people down I guess.....no other way to explain why people would buy such a serious service from rank amateurs....

Either way, it doesn't matter to me. As soon as they realize how expensive their system is over the longer term, their clients come to me and others like me for more reasonable prices. And like I said, I'll soon be rid of their monitoring station as soon as I can move these last few clients.

Glad to see you back on the newsgroup. It was getting downright tame and uninteresting without you......:)))

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

expecting a

They are much higher now, according to their web!...great news btw.

One of their regional managers came to work for me abt 10 years ago...he = told me that their out the door price was closer to 1400 back then. He = worked for me for abt 6 years then went to DMP as a rep because he got = divorced and didn't want to stay in town.

I don't send o/c's on residential unless they are snow birds. I send = unsupervised o/c's on ALL commercial at no charge...it's worth it for me = for liability sake. If they want reports or supervision then I charge = for it.

YES !! I've been using them for a few months. I love 'em. Much crisper = key stroke response. Takes a little getting used to the 'stylish' = appearence though...and since the top is not straight you can't put a = level on them (minor annoyance). You're gonna like them! I still use the =

690's too though - with the 690's you can make your own private = label...you cant with the 706x's. The 7000's do have a nice big bright = red armed light too...really big :-) AND you don't have to cut out the = middle emergency key tag if you don't use medical..each emergency decal = is separate.

I can't wait to see the new Glass Keypad...they haven't even released a = decent pix yet..they're waiting for the ISC.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yah, I always notice that ADT programs a dialer delay. I wonder what ADT's phone bill would be if they tested every alarm = daily? ouch!

entails...). But=20

Reply to
Crash Gordon

While it often can be disabled ADT usually does have a dialer delay because the panel comes programmed with that feature. It is a part of the SIA guidelines

The phone bill won't be the problem, receiver capacity will

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Thanks Bob. Brazil was great but a series of minor medical issues culminating in the flu complicated life for the past few weeks. Anyway, I'm on the mend and should be 100% in another day or two. I'm looking forward to April when I'll be taking my sister, my aunt and my mom down with me. We're fixing up the condo for sale... going to buy a bigger place a little closer to the water. You can now get high speed (well 300kBd anyway) Internet service in the newer condo buildings. That's fast enough to support VoIP which will allow me to work in either country. I know all the guys will be relieved to know I won't be absent from the newsgroup. Heh, heh, heh... :^)

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.