Newbe Vista-20P question

Someone gave me a Vista-20p and a couple wired control panels. No modules. I thought I'd see if I could make it work and make sense of it before I i nvested. I've got it set up on my work bench. It seems that the default i nstaller code is still good and I used the *97 to reset it to defaults. I put 2k resistors across all the zone connections. I can go into installer mode and look at settings. But when I exit the installer mode it says "Fau lt 07". I can't find anything online to explain that?

tia, Lawrence

Reply to
James Gang
Loading thread data ...

Try another resistor by trading one from another zone.

If that zone faults, you have an incorrect value resistor or a bad one.

Reply to
G. Morgan

es. I thought I'd see if I could make it work and make sense of it before I invested. I've got it set up on my work bench. It seems that the defaul t installer code is still good and I used the *97 to reset it to defaults. I put 2k resistors across all the zone connections. I can go into install er mode and look at settings. But when I exit the installer mode it says " Fault 07". I can't find anything online to explain that?

Fault 07 means zone 7? The resistors are new.

Reply to
James Gang

Yes.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Make sure zone 7 is across 18 & 19.

Zones one & two are unique, taking their own space without sharing common. Make sure you are not making that error.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Dude- I once bought a whole new pack of resistors that were all dead short.

Now-a-days, I will generally meter resistors before I use them.

When troubleshooting, NEVER assume new means good....

Reply to
JoeRaisin

take a voltmeter reading across each zone. with only resistors attached, all should be the same with the possible exception of the smoke and/or other 2 wire devices zone. If not, check the resistors, as mentioned (remember murphy's law) and your wiring. If that does not solve it, you probably have a bad zone on the board.

John

Reply to
John Sowden

Thanks guys. I set zone 7 to off and the fault went away. So now I need t o trouble shoot that zone a bit further. But long term I don't need it, I' m only planning to use a couple zones. I could have easily used a lesser m odel but someone gave me this 20p the control panels.

Really appreciate the help, I'll probably be back with a new question or tw o before I'm done :-) We travel a lot and leave the house empty for extend ed periods so I thought installing this with a few wired motion detectors a nd a siren would be a good idea.

Reply to
James Gang

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.