New system unfinished home, wiring locations

Finishing the basement. Studs up. Got the CAT5 x 2 in each room, 5.1 speakers wired, electrical, and now working on the security system.

I've got a home grown PC/Internet based CCTV in part of the home and wanting to add some basic alarm system capabilitys.

I plan on prewiring a wire to the door, each window, one out each side of the house to connect to the fence gates, motion sensor in the living room. Running all these to the utility room in the basement. This room is unfinished and I can route wiring up to the 1st floor & attic from here.

Any thoughts or tips? The cat5/speaker wire is about 52" up the studs. Because of the location of the alarm system points, I was planning on running it's wiring in the ceiling/floor to the utility room.

The inspector is coming out in a week so this is all new to me. When we do this stuff at work, we don't have inspections. Don't want to have to pull it all out and re-do it. I didn't see any mention of this in the local code.

Reply to
edavid3001
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.