New DSC 1864 model

I did see a post from 4/12 that people had heard of a new DSC line.

Any further details on this? Any advanced features?

I'm looking at a new alarm and considering the DSC 864 (lowest choice right now) and the Caddx NX-8E and the Elk-M1EZ8.

Yes, this will be a DIY install, and yes, with my background I am more than capable of the install.

Hopefully some of you will post pertinent data instead of the constant flame wars.

Jeff

Reply to
JRS
Loading thread data ...

I've looked through the programming of the 1616 and 1832 and they don't seem to have any major feature upgrades that I can tell

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Elk hands down.... waaaaaay more fun and firmware upgradeable etc If you are a tinkerer and I suspect you are, cough up extra dollars for the M1G

*** Posted via a free Usenet account from
formatting link
Reply to
mikey

I hope they are not using the Dealers to test and find the faults in the "new and improved" equipment.

Not they have done that in the past.

Reply to
George D. Siegle

Every company does that, manufacturers can test all they want but they will never find every bug in a given system.

Reply to
Mark Leuck

That's one reason to always wait 6 months or more before buying into new stuff whether it be alarm stuff or software...or whatever!

Man, I usta jump on the bandwagon as soon as new stuff got released...learned my lesson...and earned my nick of CRASH (from beta testing software :-)

| > Not they have done that in the past. | | Every company does that, manufacturers can test all they want but they will | never find every bug in a given system. | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.