Networx NX-590-E

Hello all,

Installing my first NX590 to a NX8 v2 and was wondering if anyone here has set up one of these??

If someone has I would like to converse, otherwise I won't bore everyone with my experience.

Thanks,

Les

Reply to
ABLE1
Loading thread data ...

Just did a v2 I can probably help you

Reply to
nick markowitz

Nick,

This is more related to the NX-590E than the NX8 v2. Are you still interested??

Les

Just did a v2 I can probably help you

Reply to
ABLE1

I'd rather have a V8 :->

Reply to
Jim

I would not use a NX 590E now. Werent those the old analog units? Get a

591 E. I have used both. Not as many features as Alarm.com but lots better than anything else.
Reply to
KingFish

The NX591E is the cellular unit. The NX590E is the TCP/IP module. Very different.

Reply to
ABLE1

Yup, cool little IP unit. Micro controller running uClinux (magnitudes more powerful than the micro in the panel itself) that communicates to a IP receiver in the CS.

Will also send emails directly if I recall, gotta be at least 6/7 years since I played with one when I was still in the industry.

What programming issues are you wondering about?

RM

Reply to
Randy Mass

off 1 digit. my bad. so how is that network communicator thingy? work good? up/ download? email? tell me.

Reply to
KingFish

I've got one on an 8E, it works okay although up to date documentation is lacking from GE

Reply to
mleuck

I am trying install that unit for more than a month no luck do you have some extra documentation you can share??

Reply to
santiagodeano

Sorry to hear (actually glad) to hear that I am not the only one that has had problems.

As for extra documentation, not really. What I do have will not help you.

I am still having issues with this product. I really don't think that GE wants to get to involved in correcting the problems. They are to have a new product that is being termed a "Magic Box" that is reported to run circles around the 590. But that is about all I know.

I can try and help you out with your issues if you can answer the following questions.

At the site is the connection DSL or Cable??

At the site is there a Router after the Modem?? What brand and model??

Is there a Static IP or a Dynamic IP??

What were your install and program procedures that you performed on site??

Let me know.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Shouldn't be that difficult, where are you sending the information to?

Reply to
mleuck

First of all thanks guys for your support on this, so here we go

my network is very simple I have DSL with ATT, and a linksys router setup with dhcp so the module will take the TCP configuration from it like IP, mask, gateway as well as DNS etc , also the port is setup

10 Full is does not work 100 Full.

That part is working because I can connect to the module using DL900 using an IP and also the module is already enrolled so at this point I believe everything is fine.

The problems I have are :

1.- I have Aux comm Fail on the Keypad 2.- The module never send emails ,the SMTP servers I am using is ATT.NET but I also test GMAIL and AOL , none of them works with the Module at least for me, for each case I setup the correct smtp server, I=B4m using the hostname for example for @att.netthe server name is smtp.att.yahoo.com and the SMTP port is 465 with ( authentication), Also I tested the configuration using Static IP, and setup the smtp server IP and I got the same results , I am using a mail account that are already in use and fully working like snipped-for-privacy@att.net

Hardware

1.- NX-8E 2.- NX-590e version 2.11

Internet access details

1.- ATT DSL Moden speed stream 4100 soft ver 1.0.0.53 2.- Linksys router RV082 latest version

Any advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated, at this point I am running out of ideas. also I=B4am not a network expert.

Reply to
santiagodeano

First of all thanks guys for your support on this, so here we go

my network is very simple I have DSL with ATT, and a linksys router setup with dhcp so the module will take the TCP configuration from it like IP, mask, gateway as well as DNS etc , also the port is setup

10 Full is does not work 100 Full.

That part is working because I can connect to the module using DL900 using an IP and also the module is already enrolled so at this point I believe everything is fine.

The problems I have are :

1.- I have Aux comm Fail on the Keypad 2.- The module never send emails ,the SMTP servers I am using is ATT.NET but I also test GMAIL and AOL , none of them works with the Module at least for me, for each case I setup the correct smtp server, I´m using the hostname for example for @att.netthe server name is smtp.att.yahoo.com and the SMTP port is 465 with ( authentication), Also I tested the configuration using Static IP, and setup the smtp server IP and I got the same results , I am using a mail account that are already in use and fully working like snipped-for-privacy@att.net

Hardware

1.- NX-8E 2.- NX-590e version 2.11

Internet access details

1.- ATT DSL Moden speed stream 4100 soft ver 1.0.0.53 2.- Linksys router RV082 latest version

Any advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated, at this point I am running out of ideas. also I´am not a network expert.

Ok, it seems that you have the right stuff and the right info.

I can't answer the issues of the emails not getting thru since I have not tried nor do I care to try to make that work.

Procedurally I would do the following and if it did not communicate I would return it to GE and get another or find a different way to communicate.

• 8 7 9 # 9 1 0 # EXIT EXIT That will default the board and get a fresh start. Would not hurt to do power cycle at this point.

Default the Router back to Factory if you can. Explorer................ 192.168.1.1 User Name empty and password: "admin" If you can't call Lynksys.

Connect CAT5 Cable and make sure it is connected to network. Enter Programming and:

Then turn on DHCP and Polling. Then enter the IP address into the "Primary Receiver" location. Then enter the Account Number with preceding zeros as in 00001234 Exit Exit Programming wait 30 seconds and power cycle system down for 30 seconds. >>> VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!

Send a signal and see if it arrives. If it does Whoopie!!!! If it does not BUMMER and trash the sucker..........

And if it really does communicate you can then and only then try your email stuff.

Let me know how it goes.

Good luck.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Hi Les

when you say "Send a signal and see if it arrives. " what you really means by that,

Reply to
santiagodeano

Hi Les

when you say "Send a signal and see if it arrives. " what you really means by that,

I think we found out where the FTC trouble is from.

Reply to
KingFish

Hi Les

Whoaaaaa there big fellow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your using your high priced, Hi-Tech Security Panel to do what???? Send emails???

Good luck with that.

Have a nice day.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

I knew it, you guys has not clue about how to fix the NX590e problem so my suggestion is if you don't want to be part of the solution at least don't be part of the problem, smart a$$......

sincerely

San

Reply to
santiagodeano

I knew it, you guys has not clue about how to fix the NX590e problem so my suggestion is if you don't want to be part of the solution at least don't be part of the problem, smart a$$......

sincerely

San ========================================================

Dearest San,

It is not my position in life to correct every problem that is presented.

If YOU are having "problems" with a product to perform something other that it's primary function then I would suggest you contact GE and get "your problem" resolved. It certainly is NOT my problem.

I am not really sure why I bothered to type the above...................... sorry my error.

Ya'll have a nice day.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Les

just to be clear the product ( NX-590e) beside reporting events to two diferent IPs it will also can report events to two different mail addresses, again I am not trying to invent the wheel here , check the link bellow, I took it directly from the GE Security Portal , also on the Install guide is a procedure to enable it but is not working at least for me that is why I was asking for help

formatting link

Reply to
santiagodeano

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.