need to start a small alarm monitoring station

Hi,

We need to start a small alarm monitoring station to service clients to monitor PSTN, GSM & IP panel connected sites for Intrusion Alarms and CCTV.

Initially we may modestly set up to cater to only 50 clients and upgrade based on growth.

Please suggest suitable software to start asap.

Thanks for inputs.

PH

Reply to
Paresh Hadani
Loading thread data ...

onitor PSTN, GSM & IP panel connected sites for Intrusion Alarms and CCTV.

based on growth.

Your going to need a Ip reciver for manufactuer you are using . automation software would be too expensive for small amount and what your going to ha ve to charge to monitor 50 people unless your doing it all from your home w ill be prohibtively expensive when you have 200+ accounts then you might wa nt to think going your own way.

Reply to
NickMark

El martes, 30 de agosto de 2016, 2:24:58 (UTC-4), Paresh Hadani escribi? ?:

onitor PSTN, GSM & IP panel connected sites for Intrusion Alarms and CCTV.

based on growth.

formatting link

Reply to
vioren

Might I suggest a creative payroll program. Estimate payroll at

10,296.00, or 206.00 per month from each of your 50 clients ONLY towards payroll and payroll taxes.

John

n 08/29/2017 10:47 AM, vioren wrote:

Reply to
John R. Sowden

Might I suggest a creative payroll program. Estimate payroll at

10,296.00, or 206.00 per month from each of your 50 clients ONLY towards payroll and payroll taxes.

John

n 08/29/2017 10:47 AM, vioren wrote:

Reply to
Bob La Londe

hour.

Hey, throw it out to the alarm trade here in the states, someone is bound t o offer to do it for 25 cents an hour

Then A*T will offer to do it free!!!

Reply to
Jim Davis

A ssholes T rolls & Troglodytes

???

I once spent almost two hours wading through AT&Ts auto attendant menus only to finally get a message to visit their website, where I spent 45 minutes wading thru their website to get a message saying I would have to call.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

A ssholes T rolls & Troglodytes

???

I have to retract that previous bit and substitute this one

A ssholes T urds & T ards

I once spent almost two hours wading through AT&Ts auto attendant menus only to finally get a message to visit their website, where I spent 45 minutes wading thru their website to get a message saying I would have to call.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Bob,

That barely holds a candle to Comcast and Verizon.

A small recent (Saturday) history on Verizon. I have Ultra Call Forwarding on a local main prefix number that I have had for over 28 years. I set this number to forward a residential number at my house. If I have a problem with my phone system or the lines are down at my house I can call a number and have the number sent to my cell phone so it minimizes any downtime for business calls.

I have a reason to switch the forwarding to another number (much longer Comcast story. I dial the Verizon number for forwarding and get a busy. I wait about 5 minutes and try again. Same thing, then try one of my land lines since I was using my cell and the busy. I then go on line to see if they may have changed the number. After about 20 minutes of searching I find that I am using the right number. I call Verizon, and the final resolve(not as yet) the person said that she would create a work ticket and the problem would be resolved by Monday 9/11/17.

"Are you kidding me!!! It's YOUR NUMBER!!! YOUR PROBLEM!!! I am just reporting it to you!!!"

"Sorry sir, but that is what needs to be done. Is there anything else I can help you with today. No, well thank you for using Verizon"

It is a wonder why anything works these days.

The Comcast story is far to long to type but I think they may have "Red Flagged" my account with the label of "Irate Customer". I explained to the last guy that he was the second to do it right out of 5 calls. That is a 40% success rate which is not good. He agreed.

What is the world coming to these days. My problem is that I am far too old and remember when things were done right because the work ethic was superior. Ok, nuff said...........................

Have a good rest of the week Bob.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

I liked the phone system We had when I was in the Air Force,

We had these long wire things with a plug on the end.

When the light over the wire come on you pulled the wire out and plugged it into a jack which in turn went to a phone..

When the light went out you unplugged the wire and put it back in its hole..

Damn thing worked every time..

No muss no fuss, no computer.....  ;-)

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*

Reply to
RTS

Yep, that was the government version of

Two Dixicups and a string.

That is ...... if anyone remembers what a Dixicup was.

The word is not even in the spell correction library. (that's kinda sad/fun ny)

Reply to
Jim Davis

Jim,

Actually, as I remember it was Dixie Cup not Dixicup. But then my memory has been failing over the past 70 years or so.

Thanks for the memory refresher!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

The flu epidemic after World War I put paper cups in even higher demand. Faced with the growing number of companies entering the cup-making business each year, Hugh Moore changed the name of his product in an effort to set it apart from the competition. In 1919 the Health Kup became the Dixie Cup, named for a line of dolls made by Alfred Schindler's Dixie Doll Company in New York. Success led the company, which had existed under a variety of names, to change its name to Dixie Cup Corporation and move to Easton, Pennsylvania.

Reply to
ABLE1

You're probably right. I do remember the covers of the cups had pictures of (I think ) movie stars when you'd peel the film off the bottom of the cove r. The pictures always had a blue tint to them. I think the ice cream was always half chocolate and half vanilla, wasn't it? Came with a little woode n spoon in a wax paper wrapper.

How about Mello-roll ice cream cones? Did you have them? I think that was a Good Humor thing.

And remember the Good Humor guy in the white outfit and cap riding on the b icycle thing with the freezer box in front? I don't know it that was all ov er the country or in just certain places.

Holy s__t, I think I'm devolving!

Reply to
Jim Davis

Funny, totally funny. Hope your days get better......................

Reply to
ABLE1

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.