Need System Recommendation - Updated Needs

Hi,

About a month ago I requested some recommendations for a new system. The ELK M1 Gold, DMP and HAL OMNI were suggested. Most of these have more home automation features than I want/need. It is a very low priority. My priority list in order would be:

1) Ability to call my phone and speak problem. or 1) Ability to SMS my phone with text description of problem.

2) Internet connectivity - Web Setup.

3) Door Intercom/Video Integration would be nice.

I have a DSC Power 832, but its lack of item 1) is a big problem. Is there a way to add 1) and maybe 2) to it?

I have about 20 windows, 10 interior/exterior doors, 5 motions,

3 glass breaks and 3 moisture sensors. All are hardwired. I would like to add 2 entrance intercom/cameras and 3 inside intercom/displays.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Layman
Loading thread data ...

DSC has discontinued the intercom components. js

Reply to
alarman
2- kinda sounds like he (user) wants access via the internet , isn't t-link for cs use?

| > About a month ago I requested some recommendations for a new system. | > The ELK M1 Gold, DMP and HAL OMNI were suggested. Most of these | > have more home automation features than I want/need. It is a very | > low priority. My priority list in order would be: | >

| > 1) Ability to call my phone and speak problem. | > or | > 1) Ability to SMS my phone with text description of problem. | | Problem as in trouble or alarm? | | > 2) Internet connectivity - Web Setup. | | > 3) Door Intercom/Video Integration would be nice. | | DSC does have an intercom (PC5936) and a video module (VVM110 which is a | rebranded OZ Vision module) although the video part I'm not sure yet will do | what you want, I'm still playing with mine | | > I have a DSC Power 832, but its lack of item 1) is a big problem. | > Is there a way to add 1) and maybe 2) to it? | | DSC does have T-Link for internet | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Problem as in trouble or alarm?

DSC does have an intercom (PC5936) and a video module (VVM110 which is a rebranded OZ Vision module) although the video part I'm not sure yet will do what you want, I'm still playing with mine

DSC does have T-Link for internet

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I know, it was a pretty good intercom and I had several sold. Grrrr.. js

Reply to
alarman

Thats kinda dumb, I thought it was a decent basic intercom

Make them bring it back!

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Not sure, DSC did have software similar to DLS-2002 for the user but I don't know if it will work with T-Link

2- kinda sounds like he (user) wants access via the internet , isn't t-link for cs use?

| > About a month ago I requested some recommendations for a new system. | > The ELK M1 Gold, DMP and HAL OMNI were suggested. Most of these | > have more home automation features than I want/need. It is a very | > low priority. My priority list in order would be: | >

| > 1) Ability to call my phone and speak problem. | > or | > 1) Ability to SMS my phone with text description of problem. | | Problem as in trouble or alarm? | | > 2) Internet connectivity - Web Setup. | | > 3) Door Intercom/Video Integration would be nice. | | DSC does have an intercom (PC5936) and a video module (VVM110 which is a | rebranded OZ Vision module) although the video part I'm not sure yet will do | what you want, I'm still playing with mine | | > I have a DSC Power 832, but its lack of item 1) is a big problem. | > Is there a way to add 1) and maybe 2) to it? | | DSC does have T-Link for internet | |

Reply to
Mark Leuck

That must mean they will be coming out with another intercom with parts incompatible with the previous version forcing techs looking for replacement parts to look on Ebay

Wait thats 900mhz wireless...my bad

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yes, I am interested in access via the Internet, rather than via a rs-232 cable and DSC software.

DSC has a T-link, but it is not what I want.

Paul

Crash Gord> 2- kinda sounds like he (user) wants access via the internet , isn't t-link for cs use?

Reply to
Paul Layman

Yes.

My reading is that it sends video over the phone line to your monitoring service. I want web access.

Reply to
Paul Layman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.