Need SHORT piece of Shielded 14/4 Burial Cable

my landscaper made a mess of my driveway alarm cable as it went under the sidewalk.

I need to replace the piece they mangled and the portion under the sidewalk to make splicing easy.

I figure 10-20' will be penty, but all the estores all want to sell me 200'

Anyone got a leftover piece they want to sell me?

I fugure either the Winland or Sureaction shielded 14/4 Burial Cable will work fine. If you have some of the "cat food can" 3M water-resistant splice kits I will buy two of those as well.

Thanks

Bob at Sissonfamily dot com

Reply to
Comcast news
Loading thread data ...

Pay the shipping and I'll give you a piece.

Or...go to HomeDepot and buy loose 14 ga extension cord but you'll need 2 lengths if you need 4 cond.

The SureAction splice kits are just a tube and some jelly connectors.

Just cut a piece of pvc and use electrical outdoor twist-ons on the cable and shove them into the pvc before you bury it. Besides I think HomeDepot sells landscaper splice kits for sprinkler connections

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I think he wants to do a "proper job", and not an Ass-Basswards one. Burying an extension cord??? Sheesh!!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

You mean heavy duty exterior extension cord wire is somehow different than other 14 ga wire? I have some of this stuff out there 15+ years and still working fine except when the landscapers cut it.

And I did not say bury and an extension cord btw.

I bet you buy the Monster Cable myth as well?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

What myth?? I'll have you know I've been hoodwinked out of thousands of dollars in Monster Cable instead of using regular 12/2 LVT for all my in wall/ceiling speaker runs... It's comforting to know that hundreds of of tons of carbon were expelled into the stratosphere for every meter of my Monster Cable I used, and that my great grandchildren will bask under an atmosphere devoid of all ozone thanks to my efforts. Which reminds me, I have to do my weekly dump test of my Halon system. I'm really worried about how I'm going to source this after 2010 in Canada... I'll have to smuggle it across the border in thermoses and wine bottles I guess... I can customize some labels... "Veuve Halonette 2008"... A robust vintage carefully bottled. Keep cool. Best served at room temperature. Avoid concentrations above 10%.

The OP was looking for direct burial cable and a splice kit. If I'm not mistaken, I think he means to use it for what it was intended... (to go under his sidewalk). :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Didn't anyone read the post??

I need SHIELDED 4/14 not just doorbell wire or thermostat wire.

Yea Yea I know that the cheap splice kits are just a tube full of jelly, I am looking for the good 3M ones... I know where to get them, but would rather get everything from one source.

Bob

Reply to
Comcast news

conduit makes a pretty good shield

Reply to
Spudz

I wouldn't bury metal conduit though. The OP prefers direct burial cable and I don't blame him. The stuff is simple to work with.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.