Need recomendation for a HA/Security System

I am in need of a HA/Security system for the new home my wife and I just built. I have run all of the CAT 5E, COAX, and alarm wire for window sensors, door sensors, motion dectectors and glass break sensors.

I am pondering strongly the use of Homeseer for the HA part of this deal but on the security side I am not sure. I thought a NAPCO 9600 looked nice but in the Homeseer fourms there appears to be some issues.

I did find the ELK-M1 Gold interesting.

So I am looking for some advice on what HA and Security system is good, and can be expanded over time and has good support.

Thanks Peter

Reply to
Peter
Loading thread data ...

Elk is definitely the way to go. You'll receive excellent support through Smarthome

formatting link
. Smarthome is recognized in many forums as one of the experts on Elk/Insteon home automation.

Frank Olson

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

So Frank does ELK do security as well?

Is having ELK and Homeseer redundant?

Thanks Peter

Reply to
Peter

Most definitely. To both questions. Read the documentation on the Elk website regarding the M1 Gold.

formatting link
I think you'll find it's capable of everything you want to do. Elk works very closely with Smarthome. They're also one of their more innovative and responsive dealers.

Frank Olson

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.