Need Programming assistance on a Notifier SFP-1024 Control

I am receiving 2 daily test signals from the above panel. Notifier refuses to provide programming assistance, and the manual does not make it clear re: double reporting. Silent Knight used to have a Must call option, which caused multiple signals, but I figured that out in the 80s.

tia,

John

Reply to
John Sowden
Loading thread data ...

Some FACP manufacturers have their panels setup so that they can *only* send TWO test signals when monitored. One on each line. I don't know much about Notifier, but they may be that way. I have a couple of them on Sole Path Cellular and the extra air time is annoying, but I do make money on them. I have alarms dialing my own toll free lines, so extra call time is only a few cents per signal on those that are on landlines.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

This system is in our LATA so I have it dial into a local phone line. My concern is the dispatchers having to deal with 2 phone calls every night. This is the only one that does this. No reference is made in the manual to sending 2 signals every day. Gee, wait for the next nfpa

72, we'll be getting 4 signals per day, one every 6 hours!

John

Reply to
John Sowden

John try matching the Notifier panel with a Firelite panel ( their made in the same factory by the same company)

then call Firelite with your problem using the Firelite panel as reference..

My experience has been the panels are the same just the names and part numbers are different..

RTS

Reply to
RTS

love it, an outside the box thinker!

john

Reply to
John Sowden

Interesting, I think it was a Firelite panel I first noted what you described. Dual daily test (one on each line) and no apparent way to change that.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

your listed Notifier SFP-1024 seem to be the same as a Firelite MS-5-10 (5 zone or 10 zone)

the DACT programing "Report Style" can select 1=backup only,

2=both, 3=first available

also in the DACT programing "Test Time Interval" 1=24 hours, 2=12 hours, 3=8 hours (page 2) 1=6 hours

That might be the place you need to look for changing the dial out...

RTS

Reply to
RTS

Sorry about the delay to respond. I am working my email off 2 computers. I did find the Firelite MS-5510 ? Its on the computer at the office. The backup is not the answer, as I would be receiving double reporting on the alarms during inspections. I found an entry to send the daily test to the second phone number. I am going to turn that off the next time we are there. If this is still on the ng, I will respind with the results. The biggie is the notifier to Firelite link.

thanks,

john

Reply to
johnr

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.