need help with Northern N-1000-IV panel

need help with setting up 1000-4 panel - v8.02 win-pak 1.17 connected through serial, HID prox receiver, HID cards. created databases, did everything by the manual ( or maybe missed something ) - panel control works fine, relays energize, panel appear to work. On card read green light on the 4-reader board goes steady for 1/2 sec as described - no messaged in win-pak and no relay action - what did i miss ? Any help appreciated. Also - will any RS232 to RS485 converters work or i must get Northern C-100 or N-485 ?

Regards, Alex

Reply to
alex rogozin
Loading thread data ...

only c-100 or 485 work..

what type of OS (windows do you have?) this software wont work on nt/2000/xp

"alex rogozin" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
petem

according to Northern 1.16 is for 95 and 98, 1.17 for NT, WIN2K and XP. i use XP

Reply to
alex rogozin

Check your Time Zones. Sounds like you're getting invalid card reads.

Reply to
Jackcsg

never been able to have a good communication with any nt os..

"alex rogozin" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
petem

I'm not even getting invalid card reads - bad panel ?

Reply to
alex rogozin

did he unbuffer the panel at log on?

Reply to
petem

i did buffer, unbuffer, initialize, re-created databases and created new ones as described in described order. from "Panel Control" relay energizes, de-energizes, pulses fine. the readers i use are HID ProxPro 2, cards are 5 digit HID. The reader board pulses as described during card read. "reverse LED" under panel - readers does not work. reader issue ? my next step is to get mag reader and try that one. If someone could post or email working backup of the system i could also try that approach.

Thanks to all reading this and trying to help. Regards, Alex

Reply to
alex rogozin

Sounds like a reader issue. What bit set do you have the reader data set to? If memory serves me, the panel default is 37 bit. If you're using a 26 bit standard reader...there's your problem. Check your card format information.

de

Reply to
Jackcsg

if my memory is right the controller already have a few card format in memory and 26 bit is included in those

"Jackcsg" a écrit dans le message de news: U8CdnU-919Vld83enZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com...

Reply to
petem

Absolutely correct - PX4H cards work perfectly. Thanks to all who gave this one a thought.

Reply to
alex rogozin

The C-100 is simply an RS232-to-20ma converter. I've used AMAG's 20ma converter and the C-100 interchangeably on both systems in the past.

The 485, especially with ACK-NAK, is specific, so would be harder to use other parts.

Reply to
Aegis

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.