Need a deadbolt capable electric door strike

I am working on a friend's house where we are outfitting all of the doors with electric strikes controlled using Bosch D9210b modules controlled by a

9412G panel. Everything is going pretty smoothly, except for the front door. The door is one of these ancient things that is about two and a half inches thick and the lockset was custom made for the door. We have to keep the existing lockset and can't replace it. I want to find an electric strike that will receieve an locked deadbolt into the strikebox. I think I have seen some before, but I am coming up empty handed on my searches. Anyone know of an electric strike that can receive a locked deadbolt?

Thanks, Logan

Reply to
Logan
Loading thread data ...

Locknetics used to make one. It was specifically intended for residential -- not "commercial-looking". I installed one in the home of the then president of Locknetics up in CT. Needless to say, he provided the hardware. :^) The unit had a keeper that would stay open until the door closed, allowing it to be used with a dead bolt. Most electric strikes are designed to swing closed as soon as the door opens. That's fine for ordinary latches but not for a dead bolt. Sorry I don't recall the model number.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

formatting link
According to HES the 1006 series is the strongest and most versatile electric strike available. It has 27 interchangeable faceplate options and accommodates up to a 1" deadbolt. We have installed over a hundred of this particular model alone. It has a low field failure rate. If you have it in the fail open mode however, it will get HOT (140 degrees) to the touch when securing the portal for any length of time. That 140 degrees is normal, but some customers really freak out when they brush up against it.

Reply to
Just Looking

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.