NAPCO VIP-Gateway

Thanks.

Reply to
G. Morgan
Loading thread data ...

Yup. I've seen some for sale on 2 DIY'er sites.

I wonder how they are handling this, in our state and Florida CCTV is considered an activity that requires licensing. Which might be a 'barrier to entry' to an online store without a license.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Not any more since they just dropped it.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Given the quantity of alcohol you routinely ingest, I'm surprised you can still see anything at all.

How's the job search going, Cracker? Found anyone dumb enough to hire you yet? Think you can last longer than your usual 10 months before they fire you like all the others have?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Yet you don't see this as a DIY item. Interesting.

CCTV is not an "activity." It's a verb. Installing CCTV for pay in Florida is subject to licensing. Selling CCTV equipment does not require a license. Selling Internet service which allows a homeowner to view his own home over the web does not require a license either. There's no central station calling the police or fire department so it's not "alarm monitoring" according to Florida statute.

If you think so, file a complaint. Of course, since you like going RL you won't mind if I contact a few people where you are about your misdeeds will you? BTW, have you found a new job yet, Cracker?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I don't see it as a DIY item because the service must go through Napco's servers. Napco has assured me that they don't and never will deal with end-users, so the company that sells and administers these needs a Napco videoalert.net account.

subject to licensing. Selling CCTV equipment does

view his own home over the web does not require a

department so it's not "alarm monitoring" according to

In Texas it's:

Sec. 1702.002. DEFINITIONS (C) a television camera or still camera system that:

(i) records or archives images of property or individuals in a public or private area of a residence or business; or

(ii) is monitored by security personnel or services.

Since recording is taking place, and the service is not available to private individuals, only companies, I'd think that classifies the 'service' as an activity that requires licensing in Texas. Ask your pal Norm if FL has a similar statute.

I don't give a rats Bass what the online stores sell, it's up to the owner of the store to stay compliant with their own state's regulations.

where you are about

When have I ever gone RL with anyone (including you)???? YOU are the one who likes to take Usenet quarrels real life - remember? You can make all the accusations you want about me filing BBB complaints and doing credit checks and whatever else you can dream up. I'll say it again - I've NEVER filed a complaint with any organization about you, nor did I run a credit check on you like you claim I did - and you know it.

What 'misdeeds' would you like to whine about this time asswipe? You gonna call my family, the state, my employer, about what a rotten guy I am? Tell them how I hurt your delicate feelings. Tell them how you don't like the order of electrons dancing on your screen were arranged by some mean guy in Waco. Wahh wahh. You call whoever the f*ck you want. You're an unlicensed hack, and a ex-felon convicted of a violent crime - make sure you tell them that too.

Reply to
G. Morgan

see anything at all.

Think you can last longer than your usual 10 months

Do you think you can make it 10 months without pulling a gun on someone or killing an innocent motorist?

Reply to
G. Morgan

If he really is offering the product thats the only way he or someone else could do it

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Graham wrote to Mr. BAss:

"Do you think you can make it 10 months without pulling a gun on someone or killing an innocent motorist?"

Touche'

Norm Mugford

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
Norm Mugford

That is between Napco and the dealer servicing the DIY customer. It's not your prerogative to decide with whom they choose to do business.

First of all, I doubt you've ever spoken to anyone in authority at Napco. They don't waste time with drunks and drug abusers. More importantly, Napco doesn't need to do business directly with end users. They sell service to dealers whoi in turn resell it to end users.

Figured that out all by yourself, did you?

Nothing in the cited statute refers to whether the service is available to private individuals. However, Napco's service is directly used and viewed by private individuals, just as Internet access is used by private individuals. It makes no difference to the law that the service is sold through dealers. It's still not alarm monitoring and installation by DIYers is no licensed under Texas statute.

Your legal skills and understanding would be minimal under the best of circumstances. Add to the mix your current state of intoxification and your legal opinion is about as worthless as Olson's piloting skills.

You've repeatedly called me and several other posters while on your many binges. You ran an illegal credit check on me and posted private data online. You even called to brag about it. I doubt you remembered much of your ramblings when you came to after that particular binge. You're your own worst enema, Cracker.

Your boss seemed to think you were up to no good. He fired you. Then again, so did at least eight other companies in the last nine years. You really should consider contacting a better therapist. The ones your currently using don't seem to be helping.

I tried to warn you the last time not to mess with me or my business. You didn't listen. You suffered the consequences. You still want to fight with me? Is your new employer aware of your drug addiction and alcoholism? Do they have your doctor's phone number in case you suffer *another* agoraphobic panic attack while driving the company van? Does their insurance cover accidents you cause while driving under the influence of two psychotropic drugs plus alcohol? I only ask you this because I'm concerned for the well-being of your customers, not to mention the financial well-being of your employer. Most alarm companies don't want installers who abuse drugs driving their vehicles around on public highways. If they were aware of your mental disease they might be even more concerned.

Have a nice day.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I'll tell you what. Let's have a contest. I'll try not to kill any motorists for ten months and you try to stay sober for ten hours. What? You say that's not fair? Too long to keep the cork in the old bottle of Ripple?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

that's true its totally unfair!!

you don't have your driver licence anymore cause of your treatment

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news: uKydnf-Y9rJlpwjYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
Petem

?
Reply to
Mark Leuck

"Mark Leuck" a écrit dans le message de news: zuudnS8FGOlswwjYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

What you don't know?

Unless its totally different in the USA,Chemo treatment,can make you faint,become dizzy,and lot more side effect,so in here doctor's are letting the authority knowledge about the patient ability to conduct and there driving licence are revoke while the treatment go on...

Just a simple precaution...

Reply to
Petem

News to me

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.