Napco Quickloader

Anyone knows how to modify modem string settings at Napco Quickloader? I' m trying to setup a us robotics 33.6 sportster fax modem using the settings for this specific modem from Napco's Quickloader library but doesn't work c orrect. After the first call I get no carrier error message do I want to tr y modify the modem strings but I cannot locate where at Quickloader.... Tha nks!

Reply to
spyros
Loading thread data ...

Hi Spyros,

On my Quickloader for Windows it is under File/Modem Settings.

The same applies to PC Preset. I am not sure what this program is for or does. Maybe someone else can help in that respect.

In Napco Quickloader v3.34b it is under Setup/Modem This is a the DOS version so you can't use a mouse. For Setup you need to press S the M for Modem. Then use the + or - keys to scroll through the various modems.

I only have one customer with a Napco and I use the DOS version. It is really a clunker but it does work.

If you are using some other version of Quickloader I would guess the Modem Setup is similar. Other than the above I am a bit clueless on any other help.

I am sure that there is someone else that can add to the mix. They only need to type it in and press send.

Good luck and have a nice day.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

?? ???????, 6 ??? ????? 2016 - 2:40:02 ?.?. UTC+3, ? ? ??????? ABLE1 ????? ??:

I' m trying to setup a us robotics 33.6 sportster fax modem using the setti ngs for this specific modem from Napco's Quickloader library but doesn't wo rk correct. After the first call I get no carrier error message do I want t o try modify the modem strings but I cannot locate where at Quickloader.... Thanks!

Hi Les!

thank you for your reply. I am using windows version of quickloader together with ademco cia modem wi th success. Works great. Now i am trying to set up windows quickloader in a nother location, in another office, in order to make takeovers, using us ro botics 33.6 sportster faxmodem which is list it at napco's library but dont wotk with the preset string settings. Under modem settings it gives me the ability to change modem but i cant find a place to modify the strings... Anyway :) thanks again and have a good week!

Spyros

Reply to
spyros

Spyros,

On my version of Quickloader the Sportster is listed as one of the choices. Maybe you are missing a file in your setup. Also concerning modifying strings. On the screen you have choices of certain aspects of how the modem will respond. I am thinking that this is the best that Napco could do for adjusting the initializing the setup strings. Life was different "in the day".

I will be sending you a email with some more information that may or may not be helpful.

Let me know if it made your day or not.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

m trying to setup a us robotics 33.6 sportster fax modem using the setting s for this specific modem from Napco's Quickloader library but doesn't work correct. After the first call I get no carrier error message do I want to try modify the modem strings but I cannot locate where at Quickloader.... T hanks!

Hello Spyros,

Through the years I have attempted to use different modems for different ma nufacturers downloaders. But every so often the manufacturer would update t heir downloader program and then the modem settings wouldn't work and I wou ld have to spend time trying to figure out the new settings. There were som e of the old Hayes modems that were pretty universal for awhile but even th ey wouldn't work sometimes or would need different settings for different m anufacturers. Now, just to save time and aggravation and I buy the modem th at the manufacturer sells specifically for their downloader program rather than spend the time trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. That way it's just plug and play.

Reply to
Jim

?? ???????, 5 ??? ????? 2016 - 8:59:51 ?.?. UTC+3, ? ? ??????? spyros ????? ??:

m trying to setup a us robotics 33.6 sportster fax modem using the setting s for this specific modem from Napco's Quickloader library but doesn't work correct. After the first call I get no carrier error message do I want to try modify the modem strings but I cannot locate where at Quickloader.... T hanks!

Hi Jim, you are right, i also have ademco cia, md12, napco's modem 14.4 and all of them works fine. Also with us robotics sportster i can udl many panels with success. I insist at this modem for napco cause i'm trying to configure it at a partner of mine who only have this modem.

Les, the files didnt help me. Anyway i must persuade me to buy compass cia witch works perfect with quickloader. Thank you les for everything!

Reply to
spyros

Spyros,

Sorry that did not work. I had my fingers crossed. Hope you figure it out. Have a good day.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

?? ???????, 5 ??? ????? 2016 - 8:59:51 ?.?. UTC+3, ? ? ??????? spyros ????? ??:

Finally it was W10 error! Thank you Les for everything!

Reply to
spyros

Spyros,

Glad I could help!!

I assume that you reverted to older technology to meet your needs. :-)

Have a good weekend.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Sorry, I am still using a Cardinal 2400. Works great on my old DOS box and on my Windows box. Somewhere around here I do have a Sportster, but I only ever used it for Caddx panels. Then I am one of those guys who still has a couple 10 swtich 1200 Hayes modems for old FBII and DSC panels.

Maybe I should see how desparate somebody is to buy one on Equipment Matching.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

While you're there, see if someone wants an old Adcor chip programmer :-)>

Reply to
Jim Davis

May I ask what the solution was? I am in the same exact boat with the same model modem. I can connect to some panels like a MA 3000 but failing on all attempts to Gemini's. Just getting No Carrier after 15 seconds.

Reply to
Galdino Martinez

Hi Galdino,

Sadly I do not remember this conversation from 2016!! Spyros may remember far better than me. It was nice of him to Thank Me, but I am totally lost.

Hopefully Spyros will see this and respond.

Spyros are you out there??? :-)

Good Luck!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

I have learned over many years that if it isn't listed it will likely not work however your modem is listed as compatible

Trust me, buy a Starcomm 2400, it works with almost everything

Reply to
mleuck

I never successfully connected to a Magnum Alert panel. Thank goodness I only ever installed 3 of them. The Cardinal 2400 I had talked with Gemini panels of all stripes just fine. Once I start installing Napco Starlink communicators I didn't even need a modem for those.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I currently use either an Ademco Compass CIA2400 or a Starcom 2400E with no problems at all connecting to any Napco panel. Also a Securcom 2400, Hayes 1200 and Practical Peripheral SA1200 works

The Ademco modem isn't listed on anything other than Honeywell Compass software (obviously) but also works with Bosch, haven't tried it yet for DSC but overall its an excellent all around modem. The ONLY complaint I have is it, the Starcom and Securcom have shitty hard to hear piezos instead of a real speaker like in the Hayes. and Practical Peripheral

Used the Cardinal years ago but only on DSC, it is listed on just about every other software package including Napco, Bosch, Ademco, DS, Linear, Paradox etc

Reply to
mleuck

Update, tried the Ademco CIA2400 on a DSC panel in DLS2002 today, didn't work

Reply to
mleuck

Spyros is still listening :) old school type of communication here! what's the question now?

Reply to
spyros

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.