Napco panel zones and keypad expanders

I have a Napco P3200, capable of 32 max zones wired/harwired. If I program a keypad 4-zone expander, and use one of the zones on that keypad, am I now screwed out of the other 3 zones if they go unused? In other words, do I now have 28 zones available at the panel and 4 available at the keypad, making 32 in total? If the keypad occupies zones 29-32, I MUST use the zones AT THE KEYPAD or not at all?

Reply to
Total nerd
Loading thread data ...

Yep. It doesn't look like Napco makes a single zone expander (unfortunately). You have a total of 32 hard wired zones available through either EZM8 modules (8 zone expanders), the 8 zones already on the panel, and the keypad zone expanders. You don't have an option of using one zone from one four zone keypad expander and another from a second four zone (or EZM8). They system will automatically assign the zone numbers on the expanders when you enter the device addresses.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Yep. You got it.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.