NAPCO Panel swap-out?

I am trying to help a client with a NAPCO GEM-9600 panel. We are trying to add an access control module (ACM1D) only to allow disarming and arming with prox cards. Actually two modules, since they have two areas and need them separately armed. Currently have 2 keypads by the front entrance.

Turns out the ACM1D does not support the 9600 panel yet. Question is, is the GEM-X255 panel, which is compatible with the ACM1D, a direct swap as far as the main panel concerned? What is the best method of programming the panel? I use a laptop with Bosch and what little DMP stuff I do.

If it was up to me, I would swap the whole mess for a Bosch system, but all the zone expanders, etc, would need to be swapped and I am trying to avoid that.

Raymond

Reply to
Silicon Sam
Loading thread data ...

The best way to program is with a laptop.

Never used the access module so can't help you with the rest.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Do you know if the 9600 and X255 use all the same external components? Like the Zone expanders, Input and Output modules, keypads and such? I would assume they would, but you never know.

Reply to
Silicon Sam

I don't know about the access control part but if you're going to swap the panels, assuming you have the appropriate keypads to begin with, you still may have to change one of the old keypads to the latest revision. The possibility exists that if you don't change to the new version of the keypad, neither you or the end user will be able to get into customer programing. Changes to Customer programing will only be available via dealer programing. I know this is so with the 1632, 3200 and 9600, not sure about x255 since I don't use it.

Before you do anything give tech a call.

Reply to
Jim

Yes they do

Reply to
Mark Leuck

According to the X255 install manual, it uses the same zone expanders... But, you must use either the GEM-RP1CAe2 or GEM-K1CA LCD keypad(s) with the X255... Regards, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.